Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first post here, so if I write something wrong, please correct me. #nogoogletranslate

1.) BIOS Preparation and setup
If you want to install MacOS successfully, you must have Clover and uEFI to make all working. (For me Chameleon not working. Sorry.)
Create Clover USB
1.) Create your Clover USB by any metod, waht you want.
2.) Add this config.plist from attachment.
+) If you have problem with plus symbols add OsxAptioFixDrv (This helped me)
BIOS Flash
I have only legacy bios on my laptop Dell Vostro 3750 and with minimum of settings. This is big problem for me, me one day on Russian forum I found program called PMPatch (Search Google). This program patched my BIOS and now I have lot of more options including uEFI boot mode. Maybe if you have other models of laptop you can try to search internet and find another patches.
BIOS Settings
1.) Reset defaults
2.) Set SATA mode to AHCI
3.) Set bootmode to uEFI
4.) Disable delicated Graphics Card if possible

2.) Booting and installing MacOS
Now create USB with MacOS using UniBeast or other tool and boot with Clover USB. Install MacOS by other tutorials on this website

3.) Drivers

Now post-installation or pre-installation: Add laptop drivers like VoodooPS2 Controller to make keyboard and trackpad working. (You can add the kext to Clover kexts>Other folder to make keyboard and trackpad working in installation.).

After installation you can use multibeast or if you have Dell Vostro you can use this package, what also running SD card reader and other things.

Problems and errors
This is main problem with Dell laptops. Problems. Many problems. There is some list of problems and how to solve it (working for me):

Plus symbols
Install OsxAptioFixDrv driver to Clover.

Black or gray screen while booting MacOSX
Try to add this args: -v IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 or -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Also you can try some combinations of: -v -f -x slide=0

USB Errors
Yep. I have lot of problems with USB. Sometimes USB throwing totally retarded errors, what totally not made sense, so try this:
  • Use another USB port (Change from USB2 to USB3 or USB3 to USB2)
  • Try add USBFix=Yes
  • Try addional USB3 drivers (also if you have only USB2 - sometimes helps and nobody knows why)
  • Try older version of MacOS (Mac OSX) - Yosemite and down
  • Try injecting USB with Clover
No OS found
Dells request (my) MBR to boot from USB, so try to change (Clover) USB to MBR and if you installing clover in post installation try to select MBR or if you have uEFI bios (Patched) try to choose install to EFI patrition.

Bad screen resolution
Hmm... For my this error solved config.plist created from one utility. I don´t know why, but for my this error is fixed. After booting to MacOS intel drivers loads and screen resolution change. If you have better solution, plese write it here.

Other graphics problems
Yes this is a huge problem on Dell laptops. When I installing Mavericks I always get huge artefacts, but in Yosemite this problem disappeared, but on Sierra graphics is started lagging. Sh*t! No solution found yet.

If you need more help try to write to me (add comment). Maybe I will help you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.4 KB · Views: 315
Hello! This is my first post here, so if I write something wrong, please correct me. #nogoogletranslate

1.) BIOS Preparation and setup
If you want to install MacOS successfully, you must have Clover and uEFI to make all working. (For me Chameleon not working. Sorry.)
Create Clover USB
1.) Create your Clover USB by any metod, waht you want.
2.) Add this config.plist from attachment.
+) If you have problem with plus symbols add OsxAptioFixDrv (This helped me)
BIOS Flash
I have only legacy bios on my laptop Dell Vostro 3750 and with minimum of settings. This is big problem for me, me one day on Russian forum I found program called PMPatch (Search Google). This program patched my BIOS and now I have lot of more options including uEFI boot mode. Maybe if you have other models of laptop you can try to search internet and find another patches.
BIOS Settings
1.) Reset defaults
2.) Set SATA mode to AHCI
3.) Set bootmode to uEFI
4.) Disable delicated Graphics Card if possible

2.) Booting and installing MacOS
Now create USB with MacOS using UniBeast or other tool and boot with Clover USB. Install MacOS by other tutorials on this website

3.) Drivers

Now post-installation or pre-installation: Add laptop drivers like VoodooPS2 Controller to make keyboard and trackpad working. (You can add the kext to Clover kexts>Other folder to make keyboard and trackpad working in installation.).

After installation you can use multibeast or if you have Dell Vostro you can use this package, what also running SD card reader and other things.

Problems and errors
This is main problem with Dell laptops. Problems. Many problems. There is some list of problems and how to solve it (working for me):

Plus symbols
Install OsxAptioFixDrv driver to Clover.

Black or gray screen while booting MacOSX
Try to add this args: -v IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 or -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Also you can try some combinations of: -v -f -x slide=0

USB Errors
Yep. I have lot of problems with USB. Sometimes USB throwing totally retarded errors, what totally not made sense, so try this:
  • Use another USB port (Change from USB2 to USB3 or USB3 to USB2)
  • Try add USBFix=Yes
  • Try addional USB3 drivers (also if you have only USB2 - sometimes helps and nobody knows why)
  • Try older version of MacOS (Mac OSX) - Yosemite and down
  • Try injecting USB with Clover
No OS found
Dells request (my) MBR to boot from USB, so try to change (Clover) USB to MBR and if you installing clover in post installation try to select MBR or if you have uEFI bios (Patched) try to choose install to EFI patrition.

Bad screen resolution
Hmm... For my this error solved config.plist created from one utility. I don´t know why, but for my this error is fixed. After booting to MacOS intel drivers loads and screen resolution change. If you have better solution, plese write it here.

Other graphics problems
Yes this is a huge problem on Dell laptops. When I installing Mavericks I always get huge artefacts, but in Yosemite this problem disappeared, but on Sierra graphics is started lagging. Sh*t! No solution found yet.

If you need more help try to write to me (add comment). Maybe I will help you.

I think you're a bit confused. Chameleon flags have no effect with Clover...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back