Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron xx37 + Mojave + Lilu + Whatevergreen - Guide required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5584
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This guide worked great for me when i installed el capitan on my Inspiron 3537.

Now I upgraded to Mojave (through sierra -> high sierra). Currently using the same old patched dsdt files I created when i installed el capitan. Now I want to upgrade to the Lilu + whatevergreen method, plus want to replace voodoohda with applealc as my mic has lots of noise, which i have read that goes away with applealc.

My problem comes when i try to use this above guide on Mojave with latest iasl, MacIasl tool to disassemble and patch my dsdt (since lilu and weg require to skip graphics patches), I an unable to properly patch dsdt/ssdt. I think due to the new tools and also latest clover, the generated acpi files maybe different.

I tried to ask Rehabman recently for some assistance, but it seems he has moved to other adventures, so if someone can please assist in updating the guide for Dell inspiron with new Lilu kexts, it would be great.

Thanks.

My problem comes when i try to use this above guide on Mojave with latest iasl, MacIasl tool to disassemble and patch my dsdt (since lilu and weg require to skip graphics patches), I an unable to properly patch dsdt/ssdt. I think due to the new tools and also latest clover, the generated acpi files maybe different.
Not all the DSDT/SSDT files are going to be the same. Each small change in bios, update, or even just EC reset, may cause the DSDT/SSDT files to change. You should follow this guide on how to patch dsdt's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back