Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M with Optimus, 1,600x900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using the directions from the guide for Dell Inspiron 17r - 7720 SE I set up bios settings and used unibeast to get Yosemite on a usb, but my usb is not recognized during boot up and is not an option for me to select. However, after I log in I can see the usb on my desktop. Has anyone come across this problem and or know how to fix it?

System
Dell Inspiron 17r(N7110)CPU
i5-2410M, HM67Graphics

Using the directions from the guide for Dell Inspiron 17r - 7720 SE I set up bios settings and used unibeast to get Yosemite on a usb, but my usb is not recognized during boot up and is not an option for me to select. However, after I log in I can see the usb on my desktop. Has anyone come across this problem and or know how to fix it?

System
Dell Inspiron 17r(N7110)CPU
i5-2410M, HM67Graphics

Perhaps you didn't partition the USB as MBR?

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

The usb was formatted using MBR and it is the same one I used for mavericks I tried it again to make sure I did it correctly and computer still won't boot from it.

If I used a disk instead of a usb would it work?

The usb was formatted using MBR and it is the same one I used for mavericks I tried it again to make sure I did it correctly and computer still won't boot from it.

Did you press your BIOS hot key for selecting a specific boot device?

Yeah I figured out the problem. Its a hardware issue. My 2.0 usb drive is messed; up is there anyway to boot from one of the 3.0's?

Yeah I figured out the problem. Its a hardware issue. My 2.0 usb drive is messed; up is there anyway to boot from one of the 3.0's?

USB3 drives tend to be problematic. It is best to use USB2 drives. You can always try USB3, but be prepared to purchase a USB2 drive (they are very inexpensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back