Graphics
intergrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so I've been trying literally all week to get OS X running properly on this hacktop and so far nothing has worked (except for a very shitty version of SL that can't be updated via multibeast because it breaks the install)

I got my Unibeast usb-stick here, along with an external hard drive also setup for Unibeast.
I can boot to the choice menu - but cannot get into the installer on both.

I've tried PCIRootUID=0, Graphicsenabler=no, -x -s, -f, busratio=20 and nothing seems to work. In verbose mode it runs through until it gets to the ethernet everytime - either that or I get "still waiting for root device". I tried having it plugged in, unplugged, and I can't disable it via bios because it ain't that cool.

I'm at wits end and about to give up. Any help is appreciated.

Hey Matt897,

I have the same laptop and got Snow Leopard installed, however have the same issues as you. I have to use iboot to boot into it and I can't run multibeast without breaking the system.

Any luck yet?

d-1

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I thought I was doing something wrong. Unfortunately I wasn't able to successfully get either installed with multibeast and unibeast just didn't work for me. Hopefully they'll update unibeast to support our machines. Please post if you manage to get it going!!

Same problem here. Can't get to the install window. Verbose shows "Still waiting for root device". I'll post here if I get something.

matt897 said:
In verbose mode it runs through until it gets to the ethernet everytime - either that or I get "still waiting for root device".

Actually, if you wait, after the ethernet TIMEOUT, you'll get stuck on:

ApplePS2ALPSGlidepoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Vaule: ??

Hey Guys,
I have a HP Pavilion dv7-6b01, and I'm trying to install OS X Lion on it too, and I am getting pretty much the exact same problem :(
I can get into the boot menu, but not the installer.
Though I do get one step further. The installer acutally starts up, but I cannot see it on my display. So just after the ethernet is done, I see my screen flash/flicker, and then my display stays blank. I have tried so many things, but I still can't get it to work!

Thanks,
Dean

very frustrating!!!!

Have you tried to disable computrace or any other security options on BIOS setup? :eek:

yea....nothing changed

I wrecked two usb sticks trying to get unibeast going with the new version.

Has anyone tried the updated version??? Any luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back