Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron N5040 Lion via Unibeast - close but no cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same Dell n5040, but with 500Gb Sata HD (Toshiba).

Tried with vanilla kernel + iBoot + Multibeast and no problem with 10.6.0
standard vga no good resolution
no mousepad
no wifi (will try kext uploaded here)
no lan (will try again)
bluetooth ok
sound ok

I want to upgrade to Lion, but when I try Combo Update 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 it crashes until I use UpdateHelper. Anyway... after reboot it hangs in many ways, some times with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin timeout or something with ALPS Glidepoint.

Tried erasing ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext and still hangs on boot.

I'll post any update, wikk try boot flag of number of cpu = 1

Oh and Also tried with iAtk.. L2... no cigar... yet

thanks for the update - I tried last week with the new unibeast and no dice. I also retried with iboot but couldn't update to get regular usage either. :-/

Any further updates are appreciated!

I finally installed 10.6.8 and booted!!!! everything after erasing all the Apple Intel HD Graphics related kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

Also I have mousepad active, but now no sound... i'ts something, now I'll move to Lion and keep the updates.

Hope this helps!!

Woa!! How do you remove those items?!? Thats awesome news man!

Bump for a guide, xokdsuricat! Do you think it has something to do with the different hard drive?

I finally installed 10.6.8 and booted!!!! everything after erasing all the Apple Intel HD Graphics related kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

Also I have mousepad active, but now no sound... i'ts something, now I'll move to Lion and keep the updates.

Hope this helps!!

Just wanted to say thank you for this post!

I did exactly what he said to do and finally got it to boot 10.6.8.

I had sound, and the line in / headphone out working....trackpad doesn't work (don't care, usb), I found that my NIC's stopped working...I tried multiple usb wifi adapters and none worked. Also I haven't meddled with the Lion upgrade, but I'm happy to have finally updated it. Also you have to run update helper. Graphics are still as they were in 10.6, and still i'm booting with iBoot via optical drive disc, but I don't really care about that either.

its doap, thanks tonymacx86

I hate to reopen this possible wound, but did you get this working? I'm trying to get a Dell Inspiron N5040 working, and getting stuck on the same:

ApplePS2ALPSGlidepoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Vaule: ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back