Hard Drive 1024 GB mechanical_hard_drive
Graphics Coprocessor Integrated Graphics
Wireless Type 802.11bgn
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 1
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
Average Battery Life (in hours) 7.25 hours

Expand
Other Technical Details

[TR="class: item-model-number"] [TR="class: size-weight"] [TR="class: batteries"]
Brand Name Dell
Series Inspiron
Item model number i5547-5780sLV
Operating System Windows 8.1
Item Weight 6 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H 19.29 x 13.15 x 3.31 inches
Color Black, Silver
Processor Brand Intel Core I5
Processor Count 1
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Rotational Speed 5400 RPM
Optical Drive Type No
Battery Type Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Voltage 11.1 volts
Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)

I just got it today for $700, would it be compatible?

Not enough details.

Since it is new it is likely a Haswell CPU, so answer is: probably.

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

I have the same laptop and I have installed Mavericks though it failed.

Trackpad is not working, though during the installation it is perfectly fine.
The Intel AC 3160 WiFi/Bluetooth is not working. (Maybe there's a working kext out there?)
The integrated graphics is fine though the AMD R7 M265 is not working.
The sound is also not working.
Also, there is always a kernel panic after install so I will have to boot with -x -f -v in order to boot properly.

I need your help guys! :)

I have the same laptop and I have installed Mavericks though it failed.

Trackpad is not working, though during the installation it is perfectly fine.

You need to install PS2 drivers for support of the PS2 keyboard/trackpad.

The Intel AC 3160 WiFi/Bluetooth is not working. (Maybe there's a working kext out there?)

It is not supported, must be replaced. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

The integrated graphics is fine though the AMD R7 M265 is not working.

Typical. The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration are not supported with OS X on hacks.

The sound is also not working.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Also, there is always a kernel panic after install so I will have to boot with -x -f -v in order to boot properly.

Probably a power management issue. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

To the guy that got os x to work with your dell, I have the same laptop but can't get it to boot os x at all. I'm using iboot haswell but after I press enter to reboot and boot os x it just keeps going to a rescue prompt as if it's not working at all. I tried some of the added parameters but that didn't change anything.

Could you tell me the procedure you used to get os x booted on your dell?

To the guy that got os x to work with your dell, I have the same laptop but can't get it to boot os x at all. I'm using iboot haswell but after I press enter to reboot and boot os x it just keeps going to a rescue prompt as if it's not working at all. I tried some of the added parameters but that didn't change anything.

Could you tell me the procedure you used to get os x booted on your dell?

iBoot is not used for Yosemite (the suggested version of OS X for Haswell hardware).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back