CPU
i7-4500U
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I'm not sure if you can help me?

I am encountering the same issue here -- I think. I have the latest version of the battery kext Installed to /L/E I am able to see the battery % fine which updates no issue (in settings andin the menu bar). I have read guides over and over, patched the DSDT over and over start to finish. Still without luck getting this one solved. Over the past 2 weeks I’ve managed to address all other issues this is the only one sticking, I just can’t seem to figure out.

The Issue:
The menu bar charging/not charging status refuses to update when the adapter is plugged/unplugged starting at boot. It always shows the incorrect status at boot. I am using a SSD with TRIM and I have tried the startup delay to 16000, however this doesn't help.

Workaround:
The only way I can make the icon change properly is when it's in state of not working I do the folllowing: I start by unplugging the power cable, opening the "energy saver" settings and uncheck "show battery status in menu bar", reconnect power cable and recheck "show battery status in menu bar" and then the icon will change to charging/discharging accordingly whenever the power adapter is connected/disconnected until the next reboot when the issue returns. However, the battery percent is always working fine and updating in all cases without the above workaround.

I am trying to understand what is going on here. I have knowledge in programming but not familiar with this as this is my first Hackintosh.

Is this is as simple as pushing a status update? or could it be something else I have overlooked?

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve broken my brain on this one.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm not sure if you can help me?

I am encountering the same issue here -- I think. I have the latest version of the battery kext Installed to /L/E I am able to see the battery % fine which updates no issue (in settings andin the menu bar). I have read guides over and over, patched the DSDT over and over start to finish. Still without luck getting this one solved. Over the past 2 weeks I’ve managed to address all other issues this is the only one sticking, I just can’t seem to figure out.

The Issue:
The menu bar charging/not charging status refuses to update when the adapter is plugged/unplugged starting at boot. It always shows the incorrect status at boot. I am using a SSD with TRIM and I have tried the startup delay to 16000, this doesn't help.

Workaround:
The only way I can make the icon change properly is when it's in state of not working I do the folllowing: I start by unplugging the power cable, opening the "energy saver" settings and uncheck "show battery status in menu bar", reconnect power cable and recheck "show battery status in menu bar" and then the icon will change to charging/discharging accordingly whenever the power adapter is connected/disconnected until the next reboot when the issue returns. However, the battery percent is always working fine and updating in all cases without the above workaround.

I am trying to understand what is going on here. I have knowledge in programming but not familiar with this as this is my first Hackintosh.

Is this is as simple as pushing a status update? or could it be something else I have overlooked?

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve broken my brain on this one.
Have you tried using Lilu + VirtualSMC + SMCBattery plugin ?
You don't need any DSDT patch because the SMCBattery plugin takes care of everything. Obviously you've to remove Fakesmc and ACPIBatteryManager.

Mattia

Edit:

I thought it was good... I rebooted and the battery shows red now and the charging / not charging status is not working again.

I am going to rebuild the DSDT without any battery patch and try again.

When I boot without a DSDT the battery seems to work fine. Strange.

Last edited:
Alright I think I know where the problem is occurring but I don’t know why.

When I boot with no DSDT or patched SSDTs (drop oem off) the battery status works fine, but everything else breaks (sleep etc).

When I boot with only a DSDT and no SSDT (drop oem off or on) the battery is working fine. Exactly as it should. However sleep is not working. I assume because as far as I have read that Nvidia card is causing issues with the sleep.

When I boot with DSDT + patched SSDTs with drop oem on. The battery is exhibiting this strange behaviour again. However sleep is working and everything else is fine aside from the battery status. (Bat % is also working fine). To get it working again i plug/unplug like mentioned in my first post and the charging/not charging status starts working again

The only reason I am using SSDTs in the first place is to disable my discrete graphics card (Nvidia gt750) — which appears to be disabled when the ssdts are loaded... is there a way to disable discrete graphics directly from the DSDT?

Could there be something else at hand here? I also tried to clear EC however that didn’t change anything.

EDIT:

It's definitely a SSDT causing this.

I have 5 SSDTs. I have localized it to: SSDT-5-NvUltTbl causing the issues. I can load all other without issue. If I include this one the battery acts wonky. (this is the SSDT I am using to disable the discrete graphics card) When I remove this SSDT, the battery is fine.

The SSDTs are:
SSDT-0-sensrhub
SSDT-1-PtidDevc
SSDT-2-Cpu0Ist
SSDT-3-CpuPm
SSDT-4-SaSsdt
SSDT-5-NvUltTbl

I applied these patches to all SSDT files:

Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)
Remove _PSS placeholders

and then in SSDT-5-NvUltTbl I added _OFF to disable the discrete graphics card.

Have I done something wrong or missed something?

Edit 2:

I found this which is a similar model to my laptop which appears to be the same issue I am having with a Linux user, but I don’t know how to translate this to a MacOS/Clover fix any ideas?

Attachments

• SSDT-5-NvUltTbl.aml
    4.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Alright I think I know where the problem is occurring but I don’t know why.

When I boot with no DSDT or patched SSDTs (drop oem off) the battery status works fine, but everything else breaks (sleep etc).

When I boot with only a DSDT and no SSDT (drop oem off or on) the battery is working fine. Exactly as it should. However sleep is not working. I assume because as far as I have read that Nvidia card is causing issues with the sleep.

When I boot with DSDT + patched SSDTs with drop oem on. The battery is exhibiting this strange behaviour again. However sleep is working and everything else is fine aside from the battery status. (Bat % is also working fine). To get it working again i plug/unplug like mentioned in my first post and the charging/not charging status starts working again

The only reason I am using SSDTs in the first place is to disable my discrete graphics card (Nvidia gt750) — which appears to be disabled when the ssdts are loaded... is there a way to disable discrete graphics directly from the DSDT?

Could there be something else at hand here? I also tried to clear EC however that didn’t change anything.

EDIT:

It's definitely a SSDT causing this.

I have 5 SSDTs. I have localized it to: SSDT-5-NvUltTbl causing the issues. I can load all other without issue. If I include this one the battery acts wonky. (this is the SSDT I am using to disable the discrete graphics card) When I remove this SSDT, the battery is fine.

The SSDTs are:
SSDT-0-sensrhub
SSDT-1-PtidDevc
SSDT-2-Cpu0Ist
SSDT-3-CpuPm
SSDT-4-SaSsdt
SSDT-5-NvUltTbl

I applied these patches to all SSDT files:

Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Remove _PSS placeholders

and then in SSDT-5-NvUltTbl I added _OFF to disable the discrete graphics card.

Have I done something wrong or missed something?

Edit 2:

I found this which is a similar model to my laptop which appears to be the same issue I am having with a Linux user, but I don’t know how to translate this to a MacOS/Clover fix any ideas?

do renames via config.plist instead

I am currently doing these renames in clover aswell:

Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU

But not these 2:

Remove _PSS placeholders

Would it course conflict if I patched directly in the SSDT and patched in clover at the same time?

I am currently doing these renames in clover aswell:

Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU

But not these 2:

Remove _PSS placeholders

Would it course conflict if I patched directly in the SSDT and patched in clover at the same time?
best to only do renames via config.plist

this will save you having unnecessary SSDT's in in patched folder

hotpatch may work better:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back