Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a similar problem.
Did you solve it?
Can you share your solution or the origin of the problem?

Thank you.

I also use the igfxcflbklt=1 boot argument.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong issue.
The problem you quoted went away after a UEFI upgrade and re-patching my DSDT/SSDT. It still happens very occasionally, but it's more like one in one hundred boots now.

Last edited:

I also use the igfxcflbklt=1 boot argument.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong issue.
The problem you quoted went away after a UEFI upgrade and re-patching my DSDT/SSDT. It still happens very occasionally, but it's more like one in one hundred boots now.

Sorry, what do you mean with "UEFI upgrade"?
To re-install all with MultiBeast?
Or the newest clover version?

Hey all,

I am in desperate need of you all to help me out.

Before I will give you all some introduction about me. Since 2015/2016 I started to get acquainted to first to macOS by my ex-gf macbook air and then I discovered the hackintosh world after some research. Since then, I consider myself as a hackintosh enthusiast. Until know I did two desktop hackintoshes and 2 laptops hackintoshes, the latest was a Asus Q505.

Even tho, after after 4 hackintoshes, I come here asking for your help, as I am struggling know with this DELL Inspiron.

I just got in love with a new laptop I bought, it is the DELL I7786. It is the same model of this thread, but the 17 inches. It is just awesome! Tho, it I am not able to do the hackintosh I would have to return it to the store cus hackintoshing is a priority for me.

My Config

DELL Inspiron 7786 17.3"
I7 8565U 16GB DDR4
NVME 512GB
Intel HD 620 + Geforce MX250

So, let's go to business and I would be very pleased if you guys could help me. :(

My main issue is that I am not able to even to get to the macOS Installer, regardless if I try Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina. Be said that on my Asus Q505 I was able to install Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Then I have a feeling that my issue is something related to my BIOS configuration.

According to Rehabman, Bios should be configured as below:

BIOS settings

In order to boot the Clover from the USB, you should visit your BIOS settings:
- "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this)
- "DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X
- "secure boot " should be disabled
- "legacy boot" optional (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI if you have it)
- "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies) (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI)
- "fast boot" (if available) should be disabled.
- "boot from USB" or "boot from external" enabled
- SATA mode (if available) should be AHCI
- TPM should be disabled

What I did was:

VT-D: Disabled
SATA: AHCI
Secure boot: Disabled and deleted PK Keys (Platform Key)
Legacy Boot: Tried as Active and Disabled and it didnt worked.
Fastboot: Thorough
USB:
Enable USB Boot Support: Active
Enable External USB Port: Active
SGX and PPT (fingerprint scanner) were both deactivated

What I was unable to change was:
DEP, didnt see this option
TPM: didnt see this option.
CSM: dont have this option.

I saw a thread where someone who created a guide, where for the BIOS config, he was using setup_var to hack the BIOS in order to change DVMT and CFG Lock. I didnt do it as I was afraid that it could brick my BIOS and wasnt sure if this was intended for all DELLs or just for this specific XPS Serie.

It seems that this guide for setup_var was created by darkvoid, but even if I search darkvoid repo at github I was not able to find this guide again to show to you.

So, if someone could attach a valid CLOVER zip drive and help me with the BIOS config and values, I would appreciate a lot as I have a feeling that is a BIOS configuration conflict which is not allowing me to boot to the macOS Installation program and I am just "helpless" cus I read all sort of guides and yet was not able to make this work.

Thank a million!

Regards,

Hey all,

Before I will give you all some introduction about me. Since 2015/2016 I started to get acquainted to first to macOS by my ex-gf macbook air and then I discovered the hackintosh world after some research. Since then, I consider myself as a hackintosh enthusiast. Until know I did two desktop hackintoshes and 2 laptops hackintoshes, the latest was a Asus Q505.

Even tho, after after 4 hackintoshes, I come here asking for your help, as I am struggling know with this DELL Inspiron.

I just got in love with a new laptop I bought, it is the DELL I7786. It is the same model of this thread, but the 17 inches. It is just awesome! Tho, it I am not able to do the hackintosh I would have to return it to the store cus hackintoshing is a priority for me.

My Config

DELL Inspiron 7786 17.3"
I7 8565U 16GB DDR4
NVME 512GB

So, let's go to business and I would be very pleased if you guys could help me. :(

My main issue is that I am not able to even to get to the macOS Installer, regardless if I try Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina. Be said that on my Asus Q505 I was able to install Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Then I have a feeling that my issue is something related to my BIOS configuration.

BIOS settings

- "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this)
- "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies) (recommend enabled, but boot UEFI)
- TPM should be disabled

What I did was:

USB:

I saw a thread where someone who created a guide, where for the BIOS config, he was using setup_var to hack the BIOS in order to change DVMT and CFG Lock. I didnt do it as I was afraid that it could brick my BIOS and wasnt sure if this was intended for all DELLs or just for this specific XPS Serie.

It seems that this guide for setup_var was created by darkvoid, but even if I search darkvoid repo at github I was not able to find this guide again to show to you.

So, if someone could attach a valid CLOVER zip drive and help me with the BIOS config and values, I would appreciate a lot as I have a feeling that is a BIOS configuration conflict which is not allowing me to boot to the macOS Installation program and I am just "helpless" cus I read all sort of guides and yet was not able to make this work.

Thank a million!

Regards,

Try this ACPI patch:
Comment: Fix AsRock Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug
Find: A00A9353 54415301
Replace: A00A910A FF0BFFFF

Also, configure your CPU power states with the settings in my previous comment: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...65u-intel-uhd-620.277104/page-13#post-2014816

Also, read these comments to get the backlight, trackpad, HDMI, and audio working.

Good luck!

Hey all,

My Config

DELL Inspiron 7786 17.3"
I7 8565U 16GB DDR4
NVME 512GB

BIOS settings

- TPM should be disabled

What I did was:

USB:

Thank a million!

Regards,
Try to have a look to this

Hey there, I am trying to get this working on my machine. Would it be possible those of you who have had luck with this to share your Clover folder, and what OS version was used (i.e. Mojave or Catalina)? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back