Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a log of my kernel panic when booting Catalina. (Failed to map Device ID: 0x3ea08086 to GPU SKU!)

I'm going to try updating Clover - I'm still on 4920.

Updating Clover worked. I'll let you all know how it goes after I set up Catalina.

I've finished setting up Catalina - everything that worked in Mojave works just fine. Still no sound through the headphone jack though.

my wifi/bluetooth broke after update

switched back to Mojave, Catalina had several issues with wifi/bluetooth. my processor went from blazing performance too low. ill wait to upgrade

switched back to Mojave, Catalina had several issues with wifi/bluetooth. my processor went from blazing performance too low. ill wait to upgrade

What Wi-Fi card have you got? I managed to get an AR9565 from an old laptop working: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...os-x-108-1014/?do=findComment&comment=2692952

As for the performance, have you configured power management? No need for any SSDT patching, just enable the right options in Clover:

ACPI:
- Generate PStates
- Generate CStates
- PluginType

CPU:
- HWPEnable
- C2
- C4
- C6

I've got this too, it's quite annoying. I have no idea how to fix it. (i7 1080p model).

I have another problem, relating to the backlight. About once in every 3 boots, the maximum brightness will be really low. I then need to reboot the laptop to fix it. Has anyone else been getting this issue?

Hi,
I have a similar problem.
Did you solve it?
Can you share your solution or the origin of the problem?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back