Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, but [Fn] + B and [Fn] + S increase and decrease the brightness respectively - it seems like they map to the F15 and F14 keys.
I used that method before until I found Karabiner app. it allows you to map keys and runs a script at startup so that all keys work, WITHOUT pressing FN. I was ok with that method until I found this app

Hey everyone, I'm getting kernel panics when closing the laptop's lid when it's plugged in. Something to do with the graphics driver.

looking at your log, seems to be an issue with some of those boot args. I don't think all of those are needed. try disabling Vbox driver

I used that method before until I found Karabiner app. it allows you to map keys and runs a script at startup so that all keys work, WITHOUT pressing FN. I was ok with that method until I found this app
How did you do it with Karabiner? I tried, but the real brightness buttons don't produce key events.

How did you do it with Karabiner? I tried, but the real brightness buttons don't produce key events.
you have to open the events viewer and set settings as shown in attachment and be sure to uncheck the FN option. then tap on Misc tab and select Copy Current Config to Sytem Default config, see attachment 2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 11.01.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 11.01.19 PM.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 11.01.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 11.01.32 PM.png
    232 KB · Views: 104
you have to open the events viewer and set settings as shown in attachment and be sure to uncheck the FN option. then tap on Misc tab and select Copy Current Config to Sytem Default config, see attachment 2
Thanks. My only problem with this is that there's no way to use the function keys as actual function keys, other than mapping some random modifier key to Fn as the built-in Fn key doesn't go through the OS.

Thanks. My only problem with this is that there's no way to use the function keys as actual function keys, other than mapping some random modifier key to Fn as the built-in Fn key doesn't go through the OS.
you have to press FN + ESC to unlock the keys to work independently.

anybody got HDMI to work? I had it working, don't know how I screwed it up

Can anyone share a working CLOVER folder or give instructions on how to properly boot into the installer? I've had tons and tons of issues just getting into the installer despite trying almost every clover folder and config in this thread. Right now, I believe I found a config and setup that got macOS I stalled to my nvme drive (Inspiron 7586), but I can no longer boot into it. I get gIOScreenLock error which I assume is related to graphics.

Also, every time I boot into anything macOS related, I get "busy timeout, (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'" 3-4 times before I either get into the installer or I get gIOScreenLock. This means every time I boot it takes ~20 minutes to get into the system or find out my config doesnt work. Anybody know how to fix this? I can post my current CLOVER folder when I get the chance. I tried rehabmans guide but that won't even get far into the booting process before failing.

Edit: I downloaded the newest clover and all my problems went away instantly. FML

Last edited:
anybody got HDMI to work? I had it working, don't know how I screwed it up
You need a boot arg, I'll get it later.

Has anyone attempted installing Catalina yet? I'm having iGPU/backlight issues. Everything aside from the headphone jack was perfect on Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back