Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I spent one whole week finally made my touch pad, touch screen, GPU, backlight, and audio working.
However, sleep/wake is still not working, which will ruin all my effort. A laptop that cannot sleep/wake correctly is
not a laptop...:< I went through the thread several time and saw nobody talking about sleep/wake issue.
Hope I am not the only one who has sleep/wake issue. When AC power is connected, my Inspiron 7586 seems to
sleep and wake up well. It can dim backlight automatically and then sleep for hours before being waken up.
However, if AC power is disconnected, it will not wake up correctly. Instead, it reboots after I press any key several
times. I've also tried patching my DSDT with 'Fix _WAK Arg0 v2', 'HPET Fix', 'IRQ Fix', 'RTC Fix', 'Shutdown Fix v2' but
none of them help. It's driving me crazy. Please help me.
The attached file is the report generated by gen_debug.sh for your reference.

Thank you.

Regards,
Steven

I finally got it works by undoing all DSDT patches except I2C-related patches and adding a SSDT patch that I saw
on Pike's website and a Chinese forum.

My laptop doesn't reboot after wake up now.

Attachments

• debug_7623.zip
    4 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Great job, congratulations! I have an Inspiron 7386 which is basically the same machine and i'm following this topic for a while. It was ages ago (7-8 years) when i was into hackintoshes last time, as a see a lot changed since then.
It would be much appreciated if you could make a short guide how you achieved this awesome result, and/or share your clover folder with us.

Try AppleALC with layerout-id=77 (0x4D) then both internal speakers and headphone will be working.
tried this method with dell 7573 alc295, headphones show connection but audio doesn't play through headset. are you experiencing this issue?

Hey guys, I replaced my built-in wifi card with the dw 1820a. I hoped to get wlan and bt working with that card, but it does not. I can only boot into Catalina, when I disable wifi in the bios or I will stuck at boot time. I thought maybe the card was broken or something else, but it is working in windows without any issues. Does anybody of you tried to get this wifi card working on your machine or is it already working on your machine. Thank you in advance.

Hey guys, I replaced my built-in wifi card with the dw 1820a. I hoped to get wlan and bt working with that card, but it does not. I can only boot into Catalina, when I disable wifi in the bios or I will stuck at boot time. I thought maybe the card was broken or something else, but it is working in windows without any issues. Does anybody of you tried to get this wifi card working on your machine or is it already working on your machine. Thank you in advance.
Based on what i read at another forum, there are 3 different DW1820a models out there :
Annotation 2019-08-08 091148.jpg

• 1028:0021 (part # CN-0VW3T3) -> tested 100% with the 3 x cards I possess
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-096JNT) -> seems to require AirportBrcmFixup kext + brcmfx-driver=1 boot option otherwise, after ~10mins Ok, CPU overloads and system grounds to a halt/freeze
  • 1028:0023 (part # CN-08PKF4) -> several reports of issues (5-10mins Ok, then system freeze)
I am about to purchase the same card in the next few days and i'm curious which model do you have.
Can you check the part number on yours?

Based on what i read at another forum, there are 3 different DW1820a models out there :
View attachment 420892
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-0VW3T3) -> tested 100% with the 3 x cards I possess
  • 1028:0021 (part # CN-096JNT) -> seems to require AirportBrcmFixup kext + brcmfx-driver=1 boot option otherwise, after ~10mins Ok, CPU overloads and system grounds to a halt/freeze
  • 1028:0023 (part # CN-08PKF4) -> several reports of issues (5-10mins Ok, then system freeze)
I am about to purchase the same card in the next few days and i'm curious which model do you have.
Can you check the part number on yours?
Oh it seems that I have the 1st one. So I hope to get it working soon, but still without success at the moment. Please have a look at the attached image of the model have. I hope that will help you

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-08 um 19.32.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-08 um 19.32.08.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
tried this method with dell 7573 alc295, headphones show connection but audio doesn't play through headset. are you experiencing this issue?

No, both headphone and speaker work correctly. I tried every possible layout-id. Layout-id=77 is the only one that has
microphone and it works perfectly.

-Steven

Attachments

• layoutid.zip
    168 bytes · Views: 121
Oh it seems that I have the 1st one. So I hope to get it working soon, but still without success at the moment. Please have a look at the attached image of the model have. I hope that will help you
Yes you indeed have the right model. It is strange since BCM4350 is natively supported since Yosemite, it should work OOB. My card will be delivered next Monday, i will share my experience once i have the chance to try it.

In the meantime you can try the following:
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other: FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
S/L/E using Kext Wizard: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Last edited:
I got the card this morning, it is the same model as yours (CN-0VW3T3). I believe a faulty unit arrived because it's causing kernel panics even in Windows. Of course it's not working in macOS either.
Any progress with your card?

I got the card this morning, it is the same model as yours (CN-0VW3T3). I believe a faulty unit arrived because it's causing kernel panics even in Windows. Of course it's not working in macOS either.
Any progress with your card?
Oh that is very strange, cause I also have problems with my card. Maybe I got a faulty unit too. I had no kernel panics, but no matter what I try, I can not get wifi working. Under some circumstances the wifi card disapeared in my bios for maybe an hour or more. When that happened, I can't enable the card again.
When I can see the card in the bios, Bluetooth is working like a glance with "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext". I already ordered a new card and hope that this new ordered card will work like expected. So summarized no progress from my site. So what are your next steps? Are you going to try it with another a new one? Please let me know if you make any progress. I'll also let you know for sure. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back