Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the audio working for you guys? With AppleALC, I couldn't get the internal speakers working - just the headphone jack. With VoodooHDA, both work. There's a problem, though. With both AppleALC and VoodooHDA, a ton of static comes out of the headphone jack, making it unusable. This static is emitted even when the output device is set to the speakers. Does anyone else have this problem?

How's the audio working for you guys? With AppleALC, I couldn't get the internal speakers working - just the headphone jack. With VoodooHDA, both work. There's a problem, though. With both AppleALC and VoodooHDA, a ton of static comes out of the headphone jack, making it unusable. This static is emitted even when the output device is set to the speakers. Does anyone else have this problem?
I'm using AppleALC with layout 13. everything works fine except headphone jack. I use bluetooth headset anyway. I don't recommend using voodoohda

VoodooI2C does work in Catalina. If you need some help with it, please upload a troubleshooting archive :)
I believe battery status should work using latest VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager v1.0.6.
I'm also having the same problem with Catalina (beta3). I can not neither get my touchscreen nor my trackpad running. Does anybody may has some suggestion what I can try to make it work?
Btw. battery status works like expected - no problems.
Attached please find the output of gen_debug.sh.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• debug_1140.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 248
I'm also having the same problem with Catalina (beta3). I can not neither get my touchscreen nor my trackpad running. Does anybody may has some suggestion what I can try to make it work?
Btw. battery status works like expected - no problems.
Attached please find the output of gen_debug.sh.

Thank you in advance
You should patch your trackpad for GPIO interrupts (touchscreen has APIC pin 0x1F, which is fine).
Just put this in _CRS:
C-like:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))

Apparently VoodooI2C doesn't output to the kernel log. Can you install VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID to /L/E instead of Clover, then provide a new archive?

Make sure you uncheck "Disable built-in trackpad when..." in SysPrefs>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad.

You should patch your trackpad for GPIO interrupts (touchscreen has APIC pin 0x1F, which is fine).
Just put this in _CRS:
C-like:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))

Apparently VoodooI2C doesn't output to the kernel log. Can you install VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID to /L/E instead of Clover, then provide a new archive?

Make sure you uncheck "Disable built-in trackpad when..." in SysPrefs>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad.
Oh great, now it is working. Thank you so much.

Hi guys.

Has anyone managed to get the audio working as normal on this laptop? Speakers and audio jack?

I'm about to attempt a hack on this model but I'll be using it for audio projects so...

Thanks guys!

Hi guys.

Has anyone managed to get the audio working as normal on this laptop? Speakers and audio jack?

I'm about to attempt a hack on this model but I'll be using it for audio projects so...

Thanks guys!
i can only confirm, that speakers are working properly. I did not try it with audio jack, sorry.

this model needs extensive patching to get audio jack working. I've seen others with the same combo jack opt to buying apples usb-c to 3.5mm audio jack adapter. its supposed to work with switching audio from jack to internal speakers without issue. only downside would be if you need the usb-c port for something else, if that model only has 1 usb-c port.

Try AppleALC with layerout-id=77 (0x4D) then both internal speakers and headphone will be working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 1.35.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 1.35.45 AM.png
    185 KB · Views: 184
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 1.44.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 1.44.42 AM.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 170
Hi All,

I spent one whole week finally made my touch pad, touch screen, GPU, backlight, and audio working.
However, sleep/wake is still not working, which will ruin all my effort. A laptop that cannot sleep/wake correctly is
not a laptop...:< I went through the thread several time and saw nobody talking about sleep/wake issue.
Hope I am not the only one who has sleep/wake issue. When AC power is connected, my Inspiron 7586 seems to
sleep and wake up well. It can dim backlight automatically and then sleep for hours before being waken up.
However, if AC power is disconnected, it will not wake up correctly. Instead, it reboots after I press any key several
times. I've also tried patching my DSDT with 'Fix _WAK Arg0 v2', 'HPET Fix', 'IRQ Fix', 'RTC Fix', 'Shutdown Fix v2' but
none of them help. It's driving me crazy. Please help me.
The attached file is the report generated by gen_debug.sh for your reference.

Thank you.

Regards,
Steven

Attachments

• debug_29900.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back