Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try D & E of my build, and your device-id in config.plist\devices\properties\seems better change to be A53E0000
I got it working with a MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS, and the agdpmod=vit9696 boot argument. Thanks, though. Question - do you get the color banding on the laptop display?

I got it working with a MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS, and the agdpmod=vit9696 boot argument. Thanks, though. Question - do you get the color banding on the laptop display?
No. both laptop display and external display do not have color banding problem.

Did anybody try to get Catalina beta running on this machine?

Did anybody try to get Catalina beta running on this machine?
VoodooI2C doesn't work with it yet, so touchscreen and trackpad functionallity is lost. I also couldn't get the battery status working. If you want to try Catalina, make a new APFS volume - don't upgrade and loose everything.

VoodooI2C doesn't work with it yet, so touchscreen and trackpad functionallity is lost. I also couldn't get the battery status working. If you want to try Catalina, make a new APFS volume - don't upgrade and loose everything.
VoodooI2C does work in Catalina. If you need some help with it, please upload a troubleshooting archive :)
I believe battery status should work using latest VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager v1.0.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back