Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Inspiron 7580 (15" i7-8565U + UHD620 Whiskey Lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 7580 (Clover)
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7580 (15" i7-8565U + UHD620 Whiskey Lake) on which I successfully installed Mojave (10.14.6) on the SSD disk (128GB), with the /Users folder mounted from the HDD (1TB).
This works well to have fast boot, yet preserving good capacity for users data.

What works so far (thanks to the dennis605's https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-inspiron-7586-i7-8565u-intel-uhd-620.277104/ and RehabMan's https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ):
  • Clover boot
  • ethernet (RealtekRTL8111.kext)
  • sound (Lilu + AppleALC) : at least internal mic/speakers. I didn't checked yet the jack input/output
  • internal webcam (self recognised as USB webcam?)
  • SD card reader: surprisingly, I didn't have to do anything, it looks like it is recognised as a USB card reader when you plug an SD card
  • internal keyboard (VoodooPS2Controller.kext)
  • internal trackpad (VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext)
  • wifi using a nano USB adapter (TP-link Archer T2U nano) with TP-link's drivers
What doesn't work yet:
  • internal wifi (Intel 9260NGW) : (unsupportedthough no chance to get it working until I change the card), but not a urgent issue as I'm using a USB dongle
  • UHD620 graphics: no video acceleration
  • battery: no hibernate nor sleep mode
Can someone help me with the UHD620 video acceleration, which is the very next thing to get working? I have Whatevergreen.kext installed but cannot find relevant configuration to get it working with acceleration and correct brightness (dennis605's config.plist from his debug_3121.zip works for acceleration, but is unusable due to too low brightness)
I attached my gen_debug zip for you to investigate.

Many thanks in advance for your support

Novalpha

Attachments

• debug_14667.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 269
Last edited:
reference this thread. should help

Thanks @Mrgeque for your reply.

I have read this thread completely and tried to include the virtualsmc.efi in the driver directory, but this didn't change much.
When using the config.plist from @dennis605 (from debug_3121.zip), I can get the acceleration working (but without trackpad), with the brightness quite low but readable. It is adjustable in the Preference Pane, but even 100% looks kind of grey.
Corresponding debug file are attached (debug_15779).

debug_25255 is the same, with the trakcpad fix (just activating DSDT patch to change _OSI to XOSI).

Now looking forward to fix the brightness issue.

Attachments

• debug_15779 (with config_3121).zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 103
  • Capture d’écran 2019-08-15 à 14.36.39.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-08-15 à 14.36.39.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 279
  • debug_25255 (with config_3121 + trackpad fix).zip
    9 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Thanks @Mrgeque for your reply.

I have read this thread completely and tried to include the virtualsmc.efi in the driver directory, but this didn't change much.
When using the config.plist from @dennis605 (from debug_3121.zip), I can get the acceleration working (but without trackpad), with the brightness quite low but readable. It is adjustable in the Preference Pane, but even 100% looks kind of grey.
Corresponding debug file are attached (debug_15779).

debug_25255 is the same, with the trakcpad fix (just activating DSDT patch to change _OSI to XOSI).

Now looking forward to fix the brightness issue.
try ssdtpnlf-cfl. the SSDTs for coffelake brightness fix. add it to efi/clover/acpi/patched.
I referenced this post so you can see where to add Device Properties in Config.plist for the whiskey lake graphics.
you can also try this. check screenshots in post 33

I tried to put SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl directly into efi/clover/acpi/patched (see my new debug.zip), but with no effect. I am not sure that I do it correctly. I have read the [Guide] related to DSDT/SSDT patching, but I am a bit confused between hotpatch, partial hotpatch and partial hotpatch + patched SSDT/DSDT. From what I understand, I would prefer sticking to only hotpatching (within Clover config.plist)

I also tried the device properties you suggested, which were very close from mine (only notable difference being framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem).
For this I modified the config_3121 + trackpad fix.plist (the one which give video acceleration with dimmable backlight but with dark yet readable screen), into "config_3121 + trackpad fix new.plist) --> result is the same.
See debug_9433.zip

Attachments

• debug_9433 (boot with config_3121 trackpad new.plist).zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 112
I tried to use the device properties you suggested within my own "config hybrid.plist". This time I stil have the full lit backlight, but no graphical acceleration ("About this Mac" reporting "Intel UHG Graphics 620 7Mo" only) and no dimming possibility in the Preference Pane.
See debug_1934.zip

Attachments

• debug_1934 (config hybrid.plist).zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 238
you did not compile the SSDTs, rather you left as dsl file. place the attached ssdt in your clover/acpi/patched folder. hope this helps. also try to see if you can remove some boot args, I don't think you need all of those

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml
    104 bytes · Views: 311
you did not compile the SSDTs, rather you left as dsl file. place the attached ssdt in your clover/acpi/patched folder. hope this helps. also try to see if you can remove some boot args, I don't think you need all of those

Wow it works !!! Thank you so much !!! I now have the ability to adjust de brightness with full range !

Wow it works !!! Thank you so much !!! I now have the ability to adjust de brightness with full range !
mark this thread SOLVED

Can you please post your EFI folder?
I have a Dell Inspiron 7580 too but I am not able to get graphic acceleration, I am stuck with the "Intel UHG Graphics 620 7Mb".
Many thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back