Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Inspiron 7580 (15" i7-8565U + UHD620 Whiskey Lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please post your EFI folder?
I have a Dell Inspiron 7580 too but I am not able to get graphic acceleration, I am stuck with the "Intel UHG Graphics 620 7Mb".
Many thanks in advance
post your problem reporting files so I can take a look

I am using the clover "Debug_25255 (with config_3121 + trackpad fix)" of post 3 with addition of "SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml" as described in post 7.
The first time I can boot (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist") and the graphic card works fine, as you can see in the screen shot ("UHD Graphics 620 (Whiskey Lake) 1536 MB") and no flickering at all.

However, when I reboot, I get a black screen after the "verbose" phase of the boot, i.e. I do not see the apple and the progression bar anymore (black screen).
I can still boot with "config.plist", but without graphic acceleration then.

I have the feeling there is something wrong with the screen's backlight, I mean the notebook is booting also the 2nd time but I do not see anything (the backlight keys do not respond). That's because I have tried playing with the backlight settings while still in clover, before starting booting Mojave, and sometime I managed a 2nd boot (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist"), but I did not understood why and how to reproduce the failure.

If I replace the "used" EFI folder with a "fresh" original one, again the notebook boots the 1st time only (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist").

Notebook: DELL Inspiron 7580 with Intel Graphic UHD620 and Nvidia GeForce MX150
maxOS: Mojave 10.14.6
Attachments:
- "EFI_orig", before the 1st boot, it will boot the 1st time (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist")
- "EFI_after_1stboot.zip", this is after the 1st boot, it won't boot anymore (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist")

Any idea how to solve the problem?
Many thanks in advance for any support or suggestion.

Attachments

• EFI_orig.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 166
  • EFI_after_1stboot.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 139
  • Mojave.png
    Mojave.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 212
I am using the clover "Debug_25255 (with config_3121 + trackpad fix)" of post 3 with addition of "SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml" as described in post 7.
The first time I can boot (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist") and the graphic card works fine, as you can see in the screen shot ("UHD Graphics 620 (Whiskey Lake) 1536 MB") and no flickering at all.

However, when I reboot, I get a black screen after the "verbose" phase of the boot, i.e. I do not see the apple and the progression bar anymore (black screen).
I can still boot with "config.plist", but without graphic acceleration then.

I have the feeling there is something wrong with the screen's backlight, I mean the notebook is booting also the 2nd time but I do not see anything (the backlight keys do not respond). That's because I have tried playing with the backlight settings while still in clover, before starting booting Mojave, and sometime I managed a 2nd boot (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist"), but I did not understood why and how to reproduce the failure.

If I replace the "used" EFI folder with a "fresh" original one, again the notebook boots the 1st time only (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist").

Notebook: DELL Inspiron 7580 with Intel Graphic UHD620 and Nvidia GeForce MX150
maxOS: Mojave 10.14.6
Attachments:
- "EFI_orig", before the 1st boot, it will boot the 1st time (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist")
- "EFI_after_1stboot.zip", this is after the 1st boot, it won't boot anymore (with "config_3121 trackpad.plist")

Any idea how to solve the problem?
Many thanks in advance for any support or suggestion.
cannot give best response since you did NOT provide complete problem reporting files. Just guessing, you don't have the SSDT to disable the Nvidia graphics card, also you have Error in your DSDT. are you using 4k screen? you need to enable dellsmbios patch , AppleRTc, Kernel Lapic. you also need renames in DSDT, post PROBLEM reporting files so others can better assist you. Screen flickering is more than likely related to power management since you have enabled acceleration on GPU

Last edited:
Hi, sorry I did not know about the problem reporting files... here they are...

Thank you

Attachments

• debug_26862.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 120
try removing virtualsmc from kext/other. you have fakesmc installed on L/E only 1 should be used. you have TOO many config.plist in clover as shown in your boot log, use the 1 that best fits. in your config.plist, you need to enable those essential renames in DSDT. you need to DISABLE Nvidia GPU

Last edited:
Hi,
removing VirtualSMC has no effect, the problem persists.
I have reduced the list of config.plist to 2 (one always booting but without acceleration and 1 possible candidate "config_UHD620.plist" with graphic acceleration but black screen as described in post 12 and below)

1. What do you mean with "enable those essential renames in DSDT"?
  2. How do I disable nVidia GPU?

By the way I have better investigated the behaviour of the problem.
  • Booting with AC power supply --> black screen after the "verbose" mode, i.e. when the apple and the progress bar should be displayed
  • Booting with battery --> after the "verbose" mode the booting continues with a very low brightness of the display (impossible to work with).
In both cases, after about 3/4 minutes the screen switches to an higher brightness, so it is possible to work with.
In my opinion the problem should be related with the function keys for brightness etc. which are not working at all with macOS, only under Windows.
I tried:

but without success.

Any other suggestion or idea?

Thanks.

Attachments

• config_UHD620.plist
    4 KB · Views: 183
Hi,
removing VirtualSMC has no effect, the problem persists.
I have reduced the list of config.plist to 2 (one always booting but without acceleration and 1 possible candidate "config_UHD620.plist" with graphic acceleration but black screen as described in post 12 and below)

1. What do you mean with "enable those essential renames in DSDT"?
  2. How do I disable nVidia GPU?

By the way I have better investigated the behaviour of the problem.
  • Booting with AC power supply --> black screen after the "verbose" mode, i.e. when the apple and the progress bar should be displayed
  • Booting with battery --> after the "verbose" mode the booting continues with a very low brightness of the display (impossible to work with).
In both cases, after about 3/4 minutes the screen switches to an higher brightness, so it is possible to work with.
In my opinion the problem should be related with the function keys for brightness etc. which are not working at all with macOS, only under Windows.
I tried:

but without success.

Any other suggestion or idea?

Thanks.
I found a Clover which fits to me.
The problem I was facing and my answer are here

I found a Clover which fits to me.
The problem I was facing and my answer are here

hi can u post your efi I have hp laptop with similar config as yours I can use yours as reference to build my hackintosh. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back