Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
CPU
Intel i7-2600K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hoping Rehabman can help a little here

System is i7, HD 4400 (with GTX 750m disabled) and ALC 283.

I had got sound working but then it stopped and that was without any changes, tried all the usual fixes but no luck

Plus I have to close and open the laptop screen to get a picture after booting, though this doesn't happen if I go via HDMI into a monitor, but still no sound then either

IOReg, config.plist and patched files enclosed, DSDT/SDST patched from guide here

Please help.

Many thanks,

Kevin.

Attachments

• dell7537.zip
    505.3 KB · Views: 101
Hoping Rehabman can help a little here

System is i7, HD 4400 (with GTX 750m disabled) and ALC 283.

I had got sound working but then it stopped and that was without any changes, tried all the usual fixes but no luck

Plus I have to close and open the laptop screen to get a picture after booting, though this doesn't happen if I go via HDMI into a monitor, but still no sound then either

IOReg, config.plist and patched files enclosed, DSDT/SDST patched from guide here

Please help.

Many thanks,

Kevin.

According to ioreg, audio is working. Make sure the expected output device is selected in SysPrefs->Sound.

I'm using the toleda 283 kext which is in Kexts/other in clover directory plus I've installed it using Kext Wizard in S/L/E

Sound stopped working after a few reboots, not sure why

and internal speakers are selected in System Prefs > Sound

scratching my head here??!!

I'm using the toleda 283 kext which is in Kexts/other in clover directory plus I've installed it using Kext Wizard in S/L/E

AppleHDA or injector for AppleHDA must be installed to /S/L/E.

ALC283 for desktops not applicable to laptops.

ALC283 is the same as my Lenovo u430. You can use AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in my u430 repo...

https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

Requirements:
- Clover bootloader
- config.plist must have the four AppleHDA patches from my config.plist in the repo
- AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla
- CodecCommander.kext installed to /S/L/E: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
- AppleHDA_ALC283.kext installed to /S/L/E
- rebuild cache following the procedure detailed in the u430 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html
- DSDT patches "IRQ Fix" and "Audio Layout 3".

Ahh thanks RehabMan,

one question though, how can I download the kext from your repository, I can't seem to find the file?

Ahh thanks RehabMan,

one question though, how can I download the kext from your repository, I can't seem to find the file?

Download the repository ZIP.

perfect! Many thanks RehabMan.

Any idea as to why I have to close and open laptop after boot to get an image on the screen - otherwise it's black?

Thanks RehabMan

one thing - when you say AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla does this mean load the vanilla kext in the clover/kexts directory as well as the modded kext?

Many thanks,

Kevin.

Thanks RehabMan

one thing - when you say AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla does this mean load the vanilla kext in the clover/kexts directory as well as the modded kext?

Many thanks,

Kevin.

All kexts are installed to /S/L/E or /L/E. AppleHDA_ALC283.kext is can be installed to /S/L/E or /L/E. It is not valid to place it in Clover/kexts. Vanilla AppleHDA is provided by the OS X installer. Run the OS X installer if your AppleHDA is not vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back