CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400 + GT 750M, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi to all of you, happy users of hackintosh community !
smile.png

I moved this thread to laptop support.
This is my first post here on TonyMacx86 and it will be a bit longer because I have a problems that I couldn't solve this without someones help who's a bit more experianced then me in tweaking and patching a hackintosh.

This laptop will be a present to someone and I have only one week from now to finish it up and then I have to send it abroad. Thanks in advance.

The configuration is dual boot with prior Windows 10 installed on Samsung EVO 850 - 250 GB SSD partitioned like this:

1st partion was 100 MB EFI and is now 550 MB after deleting second Windows MSR partition

2nd partiton is still 16 MB MSR Windows

3th partition is Windows 10 NTFS with 99 GB

4th partiton is Downloads NTFS with 70 GB

5th partition is OSX Extended journaled with 35 GB

6th partition is OSX Recovery Extended journaled with 620 MB

7th partition is Acronis FAT32 with 27GB

It's a Dell Inspiron 7537 Notebook:

Motherboard Product: 038M0M - Intel Lynx Point-LP, Intel Haswell

BUS ratio: min 8 max 20, 20, 28, 31 x 100 MHz

CPU and RAM: Mobile DualCore Intel Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz - RAM: 16GB DDR3 - 1600MHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 and nVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB

Monitor: LP156WF4 Dell 890N5 @ 1920 x 1080 - Touchscreen

BIOS: A14 - Audio: Realtek ALC283 - Intel 8 Series Chipset SATA AHCI

WiFi: Intel Wireless N7260/Bluetooth is changed for Broadcom BCM94352HM

Ethernet-RTL8168/8111

CardReader RTL8411B - 4 Intel USB 3.0 ports

Dell Touchpad

Webcam - DWGV8

SSD 850 EVO 250GB

I have put Sierra 10.12.4 on the USB and I tried to install it, but it didn't work right from the box untill I didin't find a "good" .config file with good flags for this laptop and I replaced it in the Clover. It has Clover 4049 in the EFI partition on the USB installer.

That was my first problem to get Clover working on SSD but after some time I succeed to install the newest Clover 4128 on the SSD - EFI partition.

I have installed at least 10 times this Sierra image on this laptop before I came here to post all of this because apparently I make always same mistake and I can't go any further with it. I hope that I did not messed too much with all of this because there is still working Windows 10 with working 4128 Clover. The only problem is that in biginning after first few times unsuccessful install of OSX I had different behavior then now of OSX if I would like to start it from SSD in stead of USB installer.

In beginning, if I check flag -V and I try to start from SSD it will come to one point and it will hang enternally at that point and I must to restart notebook via the power button because it will never boot to OSX desktop without USB installer. I "played" apparently a bit too much and after changing and putting the same . config file from Clover from USB EFI partition to Clover on SSD EFI partition sometimes even Clover will not show up untill I don't swich off the power on notebook and swich it on again.

I went further and I thought, O.K. I will continue with installing kexts to see what I can get working. It was also not so easy and acctually I still don't know exactly which kext I really need to install and what I should avoid to install assuming I didn't use any patched DSDT cause I never make it so far.

What I got it to work somehow till now with Multiebeast is:

Booting from USB installer, Sound, Ethernet, USB (but I don't know if it's full speed or not) Some hardware monitoring info, touch pad and keyboard, USB wireless mouse.

I changed internal WiFi Intel N7260 card with bluetooth for the one Broadcom BCM94352HM WiFi+Bluetooth card which is assumed as working out the box with OSX but I didn't get it working untill now.

Dedicated Nvidia GT 750M video card is not working and also Intel HD 4400 looks a bit too slow by opening applicatons box in the OSX.

Webcam doesn't work, hibernate doesn't work, touch screen doesn't work and booting from SSD doesn't work and you name it...

This time I have installed OSX again and I have pressed F4 to extract original DSDT file from this notebook (I don't know if it does a metter that I pulled DSDT.aml file after install of OSX and not before installation, I mean after rebooting) but I didn't boot to finish installing until I don't get good information from someone who knows where I make mistake. I only tried to boot once from SSD to see if something is changed with immediate kernel panic problem, but there is still one there waiting to be removed.
smile.png

- I will attach here all files that I think can be of any help like Clover config file which is in the EFI partition on the USB and it is same config file from EFI on the SSD.

- Also I have attached an already patched DSDT file for Dell Inspiron 7537 which I found on the internet but it is patched for El Capitane and not for Sierra and is also not from this particular laptop so I don't know if it can help.

- And also I have added the copy of the entire Clover folder which is on EFI partition on SSD.

Who can help me to bring this installation to the end ?

I have not so much time to finish it so please don't hesitate to help me in it. Thanks !

Greetings from Holland !

Attachments

• Config file from EFI partition in USB Clover.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Not patched DSDT from this Dell 7537.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Patched DSDT of Dell 7537 for El Capitan.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 212
  • CLOVER from EFI partition on the SSD.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Hi to all of you, happy users of hackintosh community !
smile.png

I moved this thread to laptop support.
This is my first post here on TonyMacx86 and it will be a bit longer because I have a problems that I couldn't solve this without someones help who's a bit more experianced then me in tweaking and patching a hackintosh.

This laptop will be a present to someone and I have only one week from now to finish it up and then I have to send it abroad. Thanks in advance.

The configuration is dual boot with prior Windows 10 installed on Samsung EVO 850 - 250 GB partitioned like this:

1st partion was 100 MB EFI and is now 550 MB after deleting second Windows MSR partition

2nd partiton is still 16 MB MSR Windows

3th partition is Windows 10 NTFS with 99 GB

4th partiton is Downloads NTFS with 70 GB

5th partition is OSX Extended journaled with 35 GB

6th partition is OSX Recovery Extended journaled with 620 MB

7th partition is Acronis FAT32 with 27GB

It's a Dell Inspiron 7537 Notebook:

Motherboard Product: 038M0M - Intel Lynx Point-LP, Intel Haswell

BUS ratio: min 8 max 20, 20, 28, 31 x 100 MHz

CPU and RAM: Mobile DualCore Intel Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz - RAM: 16GB DDR3 - 1600MHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 and nVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB

Monitor: LP156WF4 Dell 890N5 @ 1920 x 1080 - Touchscreen

BIOS: A14 - Audio: Realtek ALC283 - Intel 8 Series Chipset SATA AHCI

WiFi: Intel Wireless N7260/Bluetooth is changed for Broadcom BCM94352HM

Ethernet-RTL8168/8111

CardReader RTL8411B - 4 Intel USB 3.0 ports

Dell Touchpad

Webcam - DWGV8

SSD 850 EVO 250GB

I have put Sierra 10.12.4 on the USB and I tried to install it, but it didn't work right from the box untill I didin't find a "good" .config file with good flags for this laptop and I replaced it in the Clover. It has Clover 4049 in the EFI partition on the USB installer.

That was my first problem to get Clover working on SSD but after some time I succeed to install the newest Clover 4128 on the SSD - EFI partition.

I have installed at least 10 times this Sierra image on this laptop before I came here to post all of this because apparently I make always same mistake and I can't go any further with it. I hope that I did not messed too much with all of this because there is still working Windows 10 with working 4128 Clover. The only problem is that in biginning after first few times unsuccessful install of OSX I had different behavior then now of OSX if I would like to start it from SSD in stead of USB installer.

In beginning, if I check flag -V and I try to start from SSD it will come to one point and it will hang enternally at that point and I must to restart notebook via the power button because it will never boot to OSX desktop without USB installer. I "played" apparently a bit too much and after changing and putting the same . config file from Clover from USB EFI partition to Clover on SSD EFI partition sometimes even Clover will not show up untill I don't swich off the power on notebook and swich it on again.

I went further and I thought, O.K. I will continue with installing kexts to see what I can get working. It was also not so easy and acctually I still don't know exactly which kext I really need to install and what I should avoid to install assuming I didn't use any patched DSDT cause I never make it so far.

What I got it to work somehow till now with Multiebeast is:

Booting from USB installer, Sound, Ethernet, USB (but I don't know if it's full speed or not) Some hardware monitoring info, touch pad and keyboard, USB wireless mouse.

I changed internal WiFi Intel N7260 card with bluetooth for the one Broadcom BCM94352HM WiFi+Bluetooth card which is assumed as working out the box with OSX but I didn't get it working untill now.

Dedicated Nvidia GT 750M video card is not working and also Intel HD 4400 looks a bit too slow by opening applicatons box in the OSX.

Webcam doesn't work, hibernate doesn't work, touch screen doesn't work and booting from SSD doesn't work and you name it...

This time I have installed OSX again and I have pressed F4 to extract original DSDT file from this notebook (I don't know if it does a metter that I pulled DSDT.aml file after install of OSX and not before installation, I mean after rebooting) but I didn't boot to finish installing until I don't get good information from someone who knows where I make mistake. I only tried to boot once from SSD to see if something is changed with immediate kernel panic problem, but there is still one there waiting to be removed.
smile.png

- I will attach here all files that I think can be of any help like Clover config file which is in the EFI partition on the USB and it is same config file from EFI on the SSD.

- Also I have attached an already patched DSDT file for Dell Inspiron 7537 which I found on the internet but it is patched for El Capitane and not for Sierra and is also not from this particular laptop so I don't know if it can help.

- And also I have added the copy of the entire Clover folder which is on EFI partition on SSD.

Who can help me to bring this installation to the end ?

I have not so much time to finish it so please don't hesitate to help me in it. Thanks !

Greetings from Holland !

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

also you need to install kexts to the system, not have them all in clover/kexts/other also you have them duplicated in clover/kexts/10.12

only essential kexts belong in clover/kexts/other, ie Fakesmc, VoodooPS2Controller and an ethernet kext. everything else (including the three listed) should be installed to either /System/Library/Extensions or /System/Library

also drivers64UEFI is not per guide either

and your config.plist is not per guide either, (you get to choose one that is relevant for your hardware)

Hi FearTech,

I followed your advice and I have sorted and removed a bit kexts from Clover and also I have mounted both EFI partitions and I have compared those two and I have copied driver64UEFI from bootable USB to SSD Clover and now I have working bootable OSX from SSD. Thanks.
I have installed some kexts and now also have working audio, ethernet, touchpad and keyboard, USB 3.0, hardware monitoring.
I have to solve WiFi and bluetooth issue and if possible it will be nice to get Webcam and nVidia working ... :D

Is there someone who can help me for that ?
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I updated macOS to OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back