Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Inspiron 5570 Touchpad/Restart Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
once you re open the laptop,after the login screen appears, power off and then power on your external monitor. then check in system Report if you see a connection on the HDMI
Sorry for the late reply, been busy lately. Unfortunately doing that caused the main display to go blank. Still no output on external even after power cycle. Tested the cable and HDMI adapter and they all work (worked with previous EFI)

EDIT: somehow the system knows the HDMI is plugged in but still not showing up in Displays. OS lags when HDMI is plugged in...

so this is progress. if your laptop screen goes blank, you should see HDMI monitor connected. try using usb-c to HDMI adapter. post latest efi

so this is progress. if your laptop screen goes blank, you should see HDMI monitor connected. try using usb-c to HDMI adapter. post latest efi
laptop doesn't have USB C but i'm using an HDMI to VGA for my monitor. will post efi later

laptop doesn't have USB C but i'm using an HDMI to VGA for my monitor. will post efi later
not sure but that can possibly be an issue. have you tried connecting the laptop to a smart tv with an HDMI input to see if anything changes?

not sure but that can possibly be an issue. have you tried connecting the laptop to a smart tv with an HDMI input to see if anything changes?
great suggestion, i'll try that in the morning. will update with efi

great suggestion, i'll try that in the morning. will update with efi
sorry for the long wait, i've been very busy this week

display issue is still the same, laptop gets very laggy when HDMI is connected. TV sees it but there's no signal as well. here's my EFI per request

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    79 MB · Views: 56
sorry for the long wait, i've been very busy this week

display issue is still the same, laptop gets very laggy when HDMI is connected. TV sees it but there's no signal as well. here's my EFI per request
based on your laptop NOT having a type-c connector, you can try to remove the -igfxtypec boot arg and reset nvram. then try the HDMI again

based on your laptop NOT having a type-c connector, you can try to remove the -igfxtypec boot arg and reset nvram. then try the HDMI again
Just did that (removed the flag and reset NVRAM via bootloader) and it still doesn't do anything apart from lagging on startup when HDMI is plugged in

edit: used it for a DJ gig yesterday and it's safe to say it worked flawlessly

Last edited:
Just did that (removed the flag and reset NVRAM via bootloader) and it still doesn't do anything apart from lagging on startup when HDMI is plugged in

edit: used it for a DJ gig yesterday and it's safe to say it worked flawlessly
so the HDMI output is working? if so, mark this thread as a whole as "solved". including your initial post request

so the HDMI output is working? if so, mark this thread as a whole as "solved". including your initial post request
still won't conclude it is working because there is still no signal, but I can mark this thread as solved pertaining to the touchpad and restart issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back