Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 w/ i5-8250u and 16GB RAM w/ 256gb of M.2 and 2.5 inch SSD. I have macOS Catalina installed (OpenCore) that I use mainly for DJ-ing and it works well (very laggy under Windows but that's another topic), except I have an issue with restarting, where 1/2000 chances will the computer actually restart from macOS (I do not have the problem in Windows, and yes I dual-boot), if not it completely shuts down and won't POST until I open up the laptop and remove the battery connector for about 10 seconds then plug it in. With the touchpad too it only works as a right-click when I'm using the buttons on the touchpad unless I connect a mouse or double-tap (this prevents me from dragging and dropping).

Not sure if that has to do with NVRAM or something but I will gladly accept any help. Here is my EFI in case you need any info. I am using Mateo's EFI as it's the only EFI that boots successfully on my system (was a Catalina EFI when I downloaded it)

EDIT: I have already done BIOS editing and tried Mojave/High Sierra and still get the same issue. I haven't tried Clover yet (tried on High Sierra but a bunch of stuff didn't work) but I'll try again with Catalina. I also can't use Big Sur yet because the DJ software I use doesn't officially support Big Sur yet (well it kinda does but it's in its early beta stages) here is the link

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
can you confirm the battery indicator is working?

can you confirm the battery indicator is working?
Yeah it works, my battery actually doesn't hold a lot of charge due to charge cycles and such but that isn't the problem either

Yeah it works, my battery actually doesn't hold a lot of charge due to charge cycles and such but that isn't the problem either
I only asked to see if your power management was an issue. so can you also confirm you x86platformplugin @CPU0 in IOreg?

note: also you should try using CPUfriend.kext and its accompany kext since I've noticed you aren't using either.
try the above mentioned changes and report back

Last edited:
I only asked to see if your power management was an issue. so can you also confirm you x86platformplugin @CPU0 in IOreg?

note: also you should try using CPUfriend.kext and its accompany kext since I've noticed you aren't using either.
try the above mentioned changes and report back
Sure, I'll do that once I get a hold of my laptop

EDIT: Here's the terminal output. Also how do I go about installing CPUFriend.kext? Is it "drag-drop" into the kexts folder or do I have to do something else (i.e drop under Lilu.kext?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 12.08.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 12.08.21 PM.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sure, I'll do that once I get a hold of my laptop

EDIT: Here's the terminal output. Also how do I go about installing CPUFriend.kext? Is it "drag-drop" into the kexts folder or do I have to do something else (i.e drop under Lilu.kext?)
you need to put the kext in your OC/Kext folder, and also add it into your config.plist kernel section

you need to put the kext in your OC/Kext folder, and also add it into your config.plist kernel section
Oh ok thanks, just wanted to make sure no additional step needed to be done apart from adding to kext folder and config.plist

UPDATE: I ended up having to remove my entire macOS installation because I need to move it to the m.2 SSD instead of the 2.5 that I installed because the 2.5 also holds my music and is running out of space. I'll update this post once it's done.

Also @Mrgeque about my touchpad issue, what do you think could be the problem? I have a feeling I did something wrong with VoodooI2C or VoodooI2CHID.kext and did not configure it correctly. Thanks in advance

UPDATE: I ended up having to remove my entire macOS installation because I need to move it to the m.2 SSD instead of the 2.5 that I installed because the 2.5 also holds my music and is running out of space. I'll update this post once it's done.

Also @Mrgeque about my touchpad issue, what do you think could be the problem? I have a feeling I did something wrong with VoodooI2C or VoodooI2CHID.kext and did not configure it correctly. Thanks in advance
try my efi. it may work since our setups are closely similar

try my efi. it may work since our setups are closely similar
sure, post when you get the chance Nevermind found your EFI. Yours is for a 7573 w/ 8550u though? Not sure if that might work but I'll borrow CPUFriend from it and try

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back