Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 5559 i7 Patching help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely sorry! I will take care of the same now onwards. Please find the files attached.

Attachments

• debug_4424.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 81
  • ioreg_12dec.zip
    633.9 KB · Views: 73
Extremely sorry! I will take care of the same now onwards. Please find the files attached.
For horrible sound from audio jack, try different layout-id (3,13,17,18,27,28,99) that use for ALC3234 (a.k.a ALC255).
You can also try install CodecCommander.kext to see it work or not.

And there're few things I noticed from your PR:
  1. Since your laptop is DELL, suggest set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=Yes
  2. Try not to use FakePCIID series kexts to test if WIFI can be detected. And use AirportBrcmFixup.kext instead of FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  3. No need to use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext since you already do 32MB size settings in config.plist with using Whatevergreen.kext.
  4. You have few kexts installed at /S/L/E. All kexts need to install at /L/E

Last edited:
For horrible sound from audio jack, try different layout-id (3,13,17,18,27,28,99) that use for ALC3234 (a.k.a ALC255).

1. Since your laptop is DELL, suggest set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=Yes
  2. Try not to use FakePCIID series kexts to test if WIFI can be detected. And use AirportBrcmFixup.kext instead of FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  3. No need to use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext since you already do 32MB size settings in config.plist with using Whatevergreen.kext.

Thank a ton missile0407! Installing CodecCommander.kext solved it.
Regarding other observations:
1. Done.
2. The laptop has Intel WiFi. Not going to work. Currently using a USB WiFi dongle for internet access. I replaced the kexts though.
3. Removed.
4. Moved to /L/E whatever I could identify.

Now to other problem, I have RealTekRTL8111.kext installed, but ethernet doesn't seems to be working. This kext doesn't shows up in the kextstat output. Not sure why this is not being loaded. Any ideas?

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• debug_27597.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 57
  • ioreg01PM.zip
    655.6 KB · Views: 64
Thank a ton missile0407! Installing CodecCommander.kext solved it.
Regarding other observations:
1. Done.
2. The laptop has Intel WiFi. Not going to work. Currently using a USB WiFi dongle for internet access. I replaced the kexts though.
3. Removed.
4. Moved to /L/E whatever I could identify.

Now to other problem, I have RealTekRTL8111.kext installed, but ethernet doesn't seems to be working. This kext doesn't shows up in the kextstat output. Not sure why this is not being loaded. Any ideas?

Problem reporting files attached.
Your ethernet card is RTL8136, but I'm not sure if RealtekRTL8111.kext can support or not.
Because I didn't see your model at any support list I found.
Maybe you can ask RehabMan.
(It might not support because the kext didn't load during boot because no message found about it in kernel log.)

Besides, I found you have both ApplePS2Controller and VoodooPS2Controller installed in OSX.
These two kexts are mutually exclusive, please pick ONLY ONE to use and make sure installed at /L/E.
(For me, I'd like to keep VoodooPS2Controller.)

Last edited:

Here it is nearly three years later, and a LOT of Googling, this finally fixed my audio jack issues!! All I had to do was change the layout ID to 86 and voila, perfect sound from the audio jack. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back