Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 530 - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't. I followed the HS Guide here, and it did not mention doing that.

Fine. Multibeast installs Clover on your SSD. But you have to copy the files I posted to you EFI on the SSD.
Also make the changes I suggested to the config. file to add the frame buffer.

Fine. Multibeast installs Clover on your SSD. But you have to copy the files I posted to you EFI on the SSD.
Also make the changes I suggested to the config. file to add the frame buffer.
I assume that copying the EFI from the USB to the SSD is done using Terminal? Can the changes to the config.plist be done using Clover Configurator?

I assume that copying the EFI from the USB to the SSD is done using Terminal? Can the changes to the config.plist be done using Clover Configurator?

Terminal ?? - No. Use Finder to copy the DSDT.aml to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. It's drag-n-drop. First, you have to MOUNT the EFI partition on your SSD using one many EFI Mounter Apps or use Clover Configurator to mount it for you.

You can use Clover Configurator to make the changes to the existing config.plist file on the SSD EFI.
I personally never use it as I find it corrupts the config file (well it had done in past and I was badly bitten) so never use it. I use PlistEdit Pro App to edit Plist files.

Terminal ?? - No. Use Finder to copy the DSDT.aml to the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. It's drag-n-drop. First, you have to MOUNT the EFI partition on your SSD using one many EFI Mounter Apps or use Clover Configurator to mount it for you.

You can use Clover Configurator to make the changes to the existing config.plist file on the SSD EFI.
I personally never use it as I find it corrupts the config file (well it had done in past and I was badly bitten) so never use it. I use PlistEdit Pro App to edit Plist files.
Okay, maybe I'm missing the obvious but how do I bring up Finder, Clover Configurator, or PlistEdit from within the Hackintosh? All I can get to is the macOS Utilities on the USB.

Okay, maybe I'm missing the obvious but how do I bring up Finder, Clover Configurator, or PlistEdit from within the Hackintosh? All I can get to is the macOS Utilities on the USB.
Hmmm. I see you are still booting the USB Installer.
If you do not have a working Mac, how are you managing to create a USB Installer ?

Hmmm. I see you are still booting the USB Installer.
If you do not have a working Mac, how are you managing to create a USB Installer ?
I do have a working MacBook Pro that I used to create the USB installer. Where I'm confused is getting the EFI files onto the Dell 530 SSD since it will not finish the boot process without freezing.

I do have a working MacBook Pro that I used to create the USB installer. Where I'm confused is getting the EFI files onto the Dell 530 SSD since it will not finish the boot process without freezing.
OK. On your MacBook, "edit" the config.plist file on the USB to add:

Graphics/FBName=Baboon
Graphics/VideoPorts=3

...using either Clover Configurator or PlistEdit Pro.

Then boot your hack with that USB and in the Clover boot menu, select the macOS on your Hack.
Once your hack boots, you will have access to Finder, etc to complete the process.

OK. On your MacBook, "edit" the config.plist file on the USB to add:

Graphics/FBName=Baboon
Graphics/VideoPorts=3

...using either Clover Configurator or PlistEdit Pro.

Then boot your hack with that USB and in the Clover boot menu, select the macOS on your Hack.
Once your hack boots, you will have access to Finder, etc to complete the process.
Well, no joy. I have attached a screenshot of where things came to a halt. Plus my EFI folder in case you want to double-check it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3077.png
    IMG_3077.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 45
Well, no joy. I have attached a screenshot of where things came to a halt. Plus my EFI folder in case you want to double-check it.
I think the your system is not halted. It's booted but cannot enable the graphics.
Have you tried other video ports ?

Anyway try my EFI folder attached.
Rename your EFI on the USB to EFI-old, copy the attached EFI folder to the USB, boot off that USB and select your SSD from Clover boot menu.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 62
I think the your system is not halted. It's booted but cannot enable the graphics.
Have you tried other video ports ?

Anyway try my EFI folder attached.
Rename your EFI on the USB to EFI-old, copy the attached EFI folder to the USB, boot off that USB and select your SSD from Clover boot menu.
I have tried the HDMI and DVI ports, my monitor doesn't have a VGA input.

I copied and pasted your EFI folder and renamed my current one. Unfortunately, the result was the black screen at the exact same spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back