Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Ok so this is a second computer I thought I would try to hackintosh. Its a Dell Inspiron 530. What are my chances for getting High Sierra on here? So far with Clover and Legacy settings, I have not been able to get past a row of plus signs. No other text in verbose mode. Just:

+++++++++++++++++++++

I have tried to remove VboxHFS and use HFSPlus.efi.
I have included FakeSMC.kext in Other
I have added apfs.efi.

I've searched numerous threads but have not been able to solve this one yet.

Thanks.

Sounds like you've got a bad/corrupted installer(s). From where are you downloading El Captian and High Sierra.

I download them from the Mac App Store. I think the thing is its an older computer and may not be compatible. I thought perhaps I can get it to work though. Its a Dell Inspiron 530 Core 2 duo computer. Thanks Stork.

Hi

Only just seen this. I have it working well with El Capitan - mine is the Core2Duo quad core q6600 - I might be able to help. Not a genius at this hack. Have a look at this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-dell-inspiron-530-running-el-capitan.184998/

Intel Q6600 does not have SSE4.1 instruction set required for Sierra & High Sierra onwards.
If you have the newer G33M03 then you can get a cheap upgrade off eBay to a newer CPU with SSE4.1 instructions.

Dell Inspiron 530 was my first hack and I still use it. I boot Windows 10, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, El-Capitan, Yosemite, Sierra & now High Sierra (yes I know, I'm sad). I have G33M03 motherboard and modded the CPU socket (yes socket) to take a Xeon E5450 Quad core. It's been my most reliable Hack.

Once you have a compatible CPU, I can help with installing High Sierra.

Hey macnb, do you have a modified BIOS running on your G33M03? If so did you enable AHCI in the bios as a selectable option?

Intel Q6600 does not have SSE4.1 instruction set required for Sierra & High Sierra onwards.
If you have the newer G33M03 then you can get a cheap upgrade off eBay to a newer CPU with SSE4.1 instructions.

Dell Inspiron 530 was my first hack and I still use it. I boot Windows 10, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, El-Capitan, Yosemite, Sierra & now High Sierra (yes I know, I'm sad). I have G33M03 motherboard and modded the CPU socket (yes socket) to take a Xeon E5450 Quad core. It's been my most reliable Hack.

Once you have a compatible CPU, I can help with installing High Sierra.

HI macnb

I have E5450 running on my Dell Inspiron 530 with G33M03 motherboard and I successfully installed high sierra on it and running good using clover and multibeast. Almost everything I need is working. I have Nvidia Geforce 210 graphics card working.

My issue is computer sleeps but wakes up with black screen. Any fix for this issue? I couldn't find fix for wakeup issue anywhere online. I will really appreciate if you can help me find the solution.

@mrokarvi, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hey macnb, do you have a modified BIOS running on your G33M03? If so did you enable AHCI in the bios as a selectable option?
Sorry did not see your post.
Yes I do have a modified Dell BIOS.
But, it's not necessary to enable AHCI. Just set the SATA port types to RAID and that internally enable AHCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back