Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 530 - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the DSDT file. I copied it in (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder), rebooted the system. After the reboot set the sleep time to 1 min, after the sleep it again went to black screen. system seems to boot but screen never comes back. Here is the ioreg files and config file..
Your IOREG files are corrupt. Use IORegistryExplorer.app v2.1

Your config.plist is pretty messed up.
You have NVCAP value. Not sure where you got that from or even if it's valid for your GPU.
You set your VideoPorts=0 meaning no connectors.
Use the config.plist file I posted a few posts back.

Your IOREG files are corrupt. Use IORegistryExplorer.app v2.1

Your config.plist is pretty messed up.
You have NVCAP value. Not sure where you got that from or even if it's valid for your GPU.
You set your VideoPorts=0 meaning no connectors.
Use the config.plist file I posted a few posts back.

I copied Dell-530-DSDT.aml as it is and didn't see any difference, I renamed it as dsdt.aml and rebooted the system and now I'm getting kernel panic. Trying to reboot with installation USB. I'll report back if I'm able to login. It's almost 20min since I see apple logo and it's not moving at all but hdd led is blinking.

Kernel panic pic

Attachments

• IMG_20180320_181847.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I copied Dell-530-DSDT.aml as it is and didn't see any difference, I renamed it as dsdt.aml and rebooted the system and now I'm getting kernel panic. Trying to reboot with installation USB. I'll report back if I'm able to login. It's almost 20min since I see apple logo and it's not moving at all but hdd led is blinking.

Kernel panic pic
Did you use the my config.plist ? If not, use it.
If hdd led is flashing, then the kernel has not panicked. That screen shot does not show any explicit panic.
It does show that you are using NullCPUPowerManagement kext which is not needed with correct Clover settings.

No I used only dsdt you gave. It didn't boot from hdd or from the usb. How can I get to the folder where I can delete or replace config file?

It is stuck right here for last an hr. I rebooted Before it was stuck on HID: Lagacy shim 2..

Attachments

• 1521591767221392668696546678498.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
LoL. From the Clover I changed the DSDT.aml to DSDT1.aml, since DSDT.aml was in the patch folder clover coldnt find DSDT1.aml and system booted normally.

Now do you want me to replace the config file with yours and use the same DSDT file?

No I used only dsdt you gave. It didn't boot from hdd or from the usb. How can I get to the folder where I can delete or replace config file?

It is stuck right here for last an hr. I rebooted Before it was stuck on HID: Lagacy shim 2..
How did you create the USB installer ?
You used another Mac right ?
Put that USB installer in another Mac. If you installed Clover on the EFI partition then you need to mount that partition.
E.g. using terminal commands:
Code:
sudo mkdir /Volumes/ESP
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskxs1 /Volumes/ESP
where you replace x with the number for your USB drive.

Once mounted you can then navigate to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER to change your config.plist file

If you created the USB Installer as legacy, then your will "see" the EFI folder on the USB in Finder.

If you don't have a Mac but Windows PC, then do the same there: mount the ESP partition on windows by opening a CMD prompt Run as Administrator and then run the following commands:
Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk x
list partition
select partition 1
assign letter=b
exit
replace x with the drive number of your USB and you will be able access that partition as B:

LoL. From the Clover I changed the DSDT.aml to DSDT1.aml, since DSDT.aml was in the patch folder clover coldnt find DSDT1.aml and system booted normally.

Now do you want me to replace the config file with yours and use the same DSDT file?
Well done :)
Yes replace the config file

How did you create the USB installer ?
You used another Mac right ?
Put that USB installer in another Mac. If you installed Clover on the EFI partition then you need to mount that partition.
E.g. using terminal commands:
Code:
sudo mkdir /Volumes/ESP
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskxs1 /Volumes/ESP
where you replace x with the number for your USB drive.

Once mounted you can then navigate to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER to change your config.plist file

If you created the USB Installer as legacy, then your will "see" the EFI folder on the USB in Finder.

If you don't have a Mac but Windows PC, then do the same there: mount the ESP partition on windows by opening a CMD prompt Run as Administrator and then run the following commands:
Code:
diskpart
list disk
select disk x
list partition
select partition 1
assign letter=b
exit
replace x with the drive number of your USB and you will be able access that partition as B:

I made installer from El Capitan on the same hdd on a different partition but all of the refused to boot. Anyways I'm logged in right now.

Well done :)
Yes replace the config file

I'm a noob bro and installed OSX from the guides you guys posted.

I hope I will not get stuck anywhere. I copied your config file as well and booted. It was longer than normal boot but system booted normally. I'll test the sleep/ wake function tomorrow and report back..

Last edited:
I'm a noob bro and installed OSX from the guides you guys posted.

If I get stuck I will not be able to fix it myself.
Should I really try to boot with your config file? Lol
No risk no reward :)
What you can do is :
1. rename my config file to config2.plist and copy that to Clover.
2. Rename the DSDT1.aml back to DSDT.aml
3. Reboot into Clover menu and press O (for Options)
4. Select config and hit enter. Then you will see a list of config files (most likely two)
5. Select config2.plist and select Return a few times to get back to Clover main menu
6. Boot verbose with option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back