Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 530 - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sharan, I'm no expert (still trying to get my 530 to work), but I can tell you that High Sierra will NOT work with a Core2Duo processor. You probably also have a G33M02 motherboard which is also not compatible with High Sierra. I successfully was able to get macOS Yosemite to work on my original 530 (Core2Duo, G33M02 mobo), but that was as far as I tried to go before upgrading to a Xeon E5450 and a DG33M03 mobo).
i have gotten high sierra work on my machine but i used clover. im just trying to switch from clover to opencore

LOL ... you don't have the OpenCore config.plist file.
You will also need the DSDT.aml file I posted in this thread.

If you have never done a Hackintosh, OpenCore is harder than Clover to start with.
read this guide.
is your dsdt.aml compatible with opencore?
i have done a hackintosh its same dell listed in my pfp i'm just trying to switch to opencore so i can use mojave on my dell

i have done a hackintosh its same dell listed in my pfp i'm just trying to switch to opencore so i can use mojave on my dell
DSDT shouldn't be used with OpenCore, it is mentioned in the documentation

Yes it is compatible. I have modified it to not only be compatible but also Windows 10 friendly. That is, it enables Windows to be booted as well as macOS.

DSDT shouldn't be used with OpenCore, it is mentioned in the documentation

That's true for most "modern" systems.

Dell 530 is a legacy BIOS system.
There are many flows in that BIOS that prevents macOS to function properly.
So on that system DSDT "fixes" some of those flows without having to resort to OC patches, SSDT's, patched Kexts, etc. etc .

@sharan ....just try it without it and find out what works and what does not. Good luck.

That's true for most "modern" systems.

Dell 530 is a legacy BIOS system.
There are many flows in that BIOS that prevents macOS to function properly.
So on that system DSDT "fixes" some of those flows without having to resort to OC patches, SSDT's, patched Kexts, etc. etc .

@sharan ....just try it without it and find out what works and what does not. Good luck.
i suppose it is a trial and error to see how it works out, with or without :)

i suppose it is a trial and error to see how it works out, with or without :)

Trust me. It will not work ;)

E.g @oneof4 just found out in this thread that macOS does not have the drivers for SATA controller and you have to spoof another one. This one you can get around it with Device Properties injection in Clover to OC.
There are many other examples like that with this system.

This system was my first hack over 11 years ago and had to learn the hard way to get it going....Clover R1, Chameleon, NO MaciASL editor, etc, etc ;)

Hey @macnb, I received my retail Zotac 730 vid card and installed it in my Windows 10 drive. I knew something positive was happening when the GeForce Experience was able to update to the latest driver (the other card wouldn't). I disconnected the Win10 drive, connected the Hack drive and booted the USB then the Hack SSD...pics reveal result. :)

Okay, what is my next step? In finder I'm seeing the following on the USB: EFI-backups, Install MacOS High Sierra, and Mutibeast.

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
Hey @macnb, I received my retail Zotac 730 vid card and installed it in my Windows 10 drive. I knew something positive was happening when the GeForce Experience was able to update to the latest driver (the other card wouldn't). I disconnected the Win10 drive, connected the Hack drive and booted the USB then the Hack SSD...pics reveal result. :)

Okay, what is my next step? In finder I'm seeing the following on the USB: EFI-backups, Install MacOS High Sierra, and Mutibeast.

Well done.
Looks like you have successfully installed HS onto your SSD.

Next step is to enable that SSD to boot WITHOUT the USB stick.
To do that, you have install Clover onto the SSD.
I always use the original Clover releases from the developers.
But you can use the one on this site here.

The options do not matter too much as you are going to replace the core of it with what's on your USB.
Installing Clover does two things. 1 it installs a 1st stage boot loader on your SSD that allows the BIOS to boot Clover. 2. It installs the Clover files in the EFI Folder (which we do not care about as we are going to overwrite them with what's on your USB).

Once it's installed, MOUNT the EFI Partition on the USB using EFI Mounter.
Copy the EFI Folder from the USB EFI Partition to your Desktop (using Finder drag n drop).
UNMOUNT the USB EFI Partition.
MOUNT the SSD EFI Partition.
Delete the EFI folder at the root of your SSD EFI partition.
Copy the EFI Folder on your desktop to the root of your SSD EFI partition.

Restart your system and boot from your SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back