Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping that I will not have to bother with new problems, but…
I have repeatedly tried to patch DSDT In accordance with a guide but always get two errors.
errors.jpg
By the way, there is an error in the guide: Patch “Rename GFX0 to IGPU” actually is a number [2.13] rather than [2.12] as in the guide.

I was hoping that I will not have to bother with new problems, but…
I have repeatedly tried to patch DSDT In accordance with a guide but always get two errors.
View attachment 106286

Remove the two lines causing the errors.

By the way, there is an error in the guide: Patch “Rename GFX0 to IGPU” actually is a number [2.13] rather than [2.12] as in the guide.

People should not refer to the numbers -- they are subject to change -- instead refer to the name only.

Thank you for so fast response!

Hello sorry for a noob question but step 10 download hvt. what is hvt?:crazy:

I am attempting to follow this guide, but I am getting stuck at part 5. When I attempt to click on "Install OS X" I get an error in the log that says "OS X Utilities[393:303] Could not launch application. Exception: launch path not accessible".

*EDIT*

I used Unibeast to create the installer partition and that worked and allowed me to install Mavericks.

Mono headphone output on Dell Inspiron 3537 i5

Hey guys.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 Core-i5 4200U running Mavericks 10.9.0 booting with Clover.

I have just about everything working besides bluetooth and wifi (which is no biggie since I have tiny dongles for both).

The problem I'm experiencing is that although I do get sound (even through headphones), the sound is mono only through headphones. This issue appears to affect anything plugged into the headphone port. Bluetooth audio (via dongle) works fine in stereo, as do the internal speakers.

I'm using the patched AppleHDA from the Clover Install guide here.

I know its definitely not a hardware issue, because when I boot up a Linux live USB, headphones etc work fine in stereo.

Any and all assistance much appreciated. Cheers from down-under.

*EDIT*

Stranger and stranger. I just plugged my usb powered speakers (which have the same headphone jack) into the headphone port and the external speakers are indeed playing in stereo.....(huh?)

Three different headphone sets are still mono in Mavericks - but stereo under Linux. What the %#*@....?

Last edited:
Hello.

I created the USB Stick with the Guide and booted into OS X Installer.

But the screen is going to contorted. I attach some pics.

IMG_1078.jpgIMG_1079.jpgIMG_1080.jpg

I have the Dell 7537 with Full HD, Intel HD and Nvidia 750m.

I hope somebody can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back