Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Inspiron 7000 Clover Installation Guide

Hi,

thanks for the file. Alas it made no difference.

Still get a black screen in the same place.

Then the problem is your nVidia card, it interferes with OS X boot process. Try this config.plist.

If you can't boot, you have to disable it by dsdt or removing kexts first.

If you have a mac:
Boot to Clover screen, press F4, then find a Mac, patch your DSDT, SSDT first (step 14, 15, 17, 18). Copy DSDT, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml to your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, rename SSDT-2.aml to SSDT.aml.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 164

hi,

thanks for the new file. as you expected, that didn't work either. I will try the DSDT patching now.

If it does not work, send me your patched DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml

And ignore step 16 because it only works if you do on your Dell.

ok, no joy. I had 3 errors in the DSDT file (object does not exist compiler error) so i cleaned it up, maybe incorrectly...

All other patching went fine, no errors.

However, i still get a blank screen.

I was using the latest config.plist you linked to in this thread.

In the attached file I've included all the files from the 'origin' directory, the DSDT i used to compile to aml files and the aml files themselves.

Now, this was with the A02 BIOS. I'm guessing I should upgrade back to the latest BIOS and perhaps try again?

Attachments

• Dell 7537 A02 1920x1080.zip
    167.3 KB · Views: 134

ok, i reflashed with A07 bios and dumped the DSDT via clover. Attached.

Not patched it yet as I have to pop out, any chance you could have a look at these files?

Attachments

• Dell 7357 A07 1920x1080.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 118

ok, i reflashed with A07 bios and dumped the DSDT via clover. Attached.

Not patched it yet as I have to pop out, any chance you could have a look at these files?

You patched it just fine, but you forgot to rename them to ssdt.aml and ssdt-1.aml

ssdt-7.aml and ssdt-8.aml will not be loaded if you don't have ssdt.aml, ssdt-1.aml,...

Patch your dsdt and ssdt again.

And use config.plist in guide.

nope, no joy. still black screen when using the original config.plist and the correctly named DSTL.aml, SSDT-1.aml & SSDT-2.aml in /Volumes/CLOVER/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

What next?

Hmm, well I did upgrade the BIOS to A07 and those files were generated using A02. Let me re-patch and retest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 17.42.56.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-09 at 17.42.56.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 268

nope, no joy. still black screen when using the original config.plist and the correctly named DSTL.aml, SSDT-1.aml & SSDT-2.aml in /Volumes/CLOVER/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

What next?

Hmm, well I did upgrade the BIOS to A07 and those files were generated using A02. Let me re-patch and retest.

You have to repatch and rename to ssdt.aml and ssdt-1.aml, because you can't have ssdt.aml now.

Clover will load ssdt.aml -> ssdt-1.aml -> ssdt-2.aml,... If a file is missing, it stops.

Here are the files in your patched folder: DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml

i actually had the files in that order the first time when i had files from A02 running on A07. Just to double check, i've downgraded to A02 with the files as per your last post, still no joy there.

for fun i tried the 1st config.plist you posted today and still no joy.

Gotta go out now. I will upgrade to A07 repatch for A07 and then try all three config.plist files and will report back on which work or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back