Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Inspiron 7000 Clover Installation Guide

Could be that you have your EFI partition mounted. To avoid that warning, create a file '.metadata_never_index' in the root of the EFI partition.
ok this error stop but I have a problem yet. I did installation in one ssd . Sharing in two partition (2 ) did all of this guide
(Fix Clover bootloader to dual boot OS X Mavericks / Windows 8.1 from ssd / hdd
After you installed windows you should notice that you can only boot windows 8. Thats normal for now.
Boot from the OS X Clover usb again. (If you cant boot from usb and it goes to windows automaticly, just reset youre pc, as soon as it shows bios loading, reset it again, and then select usb as boot device)
Select youre os x partition, hit spacebar, and choose with injected kext.
Mount the main EFI with Clover configurator;
Open the main EFI file drive on the desktop, browse to EFI / Clover and copy CLOVERX64.efi to / EFI / Mircosoft / Boot.
In EFI / Microsoft / Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
In EFI / Microsoft / Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi
Reboot without the Clover USB)
Now run the osx and everything is OK . I do restart and run win8.1 all its ok , again I do restart to run osx but no run osx run win8.
why? fix the problem this is the insanelymac (beginners-guide-to-uefi-tripledual-boot-os-x-windows-and-linux-kali-on-an-single-true-gpt-ssd) Is there another guide ? for dual boot for same ssd.
thanks

ok this error stop but I have a problem yet. I did installation in one ssd . Sharing in two partition (2 ) did all of this guide
(Fix Clover bootloader to dual boot OS X Mavericks / Windows 8.1 from ssd / hdd
After you installed windows you should notice that you can only boot windows 8. Thats normal for now.
Boot from the OS X Clover usb again. (If you cant boot from usb and it goes to windows automaticly, just reset youre pc, as soon as it shows bios loading, reset it again, and then select usb as boot device)
Select youre os x partition, hit spacebar, and choose with injected kext.
Mount the main EFI with Clover configurator;
Open the main EFI file drive on the desktop, browse to EFI / Clover and copy CLOVERX64.efi to / EFI / Mircosoft / Boot.
In EFI / Microsoft / Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
In EFI / Microsoft / Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi
Reboot without the Clover USB)
Now run the osx and everything is OK . I do restart and run win8.1 all its ok , again I do restart to run osx but no run osx run win8.
why? fix the problem this is the insanelymac (beginners-guide-to-uefi-tripledual-boot-os-x-windows-and-linux-kali-on-an-single-true-gpt-ssd) Is there another guide ? for dual boot for same ssd.
thanks

Please explain the problem clearly. I'm not sure of the problem in all the text above...

Hi nguyenmac,

Do you have files that work with inspiron 3721?

How to get - Add boot option: Add /EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi in USB? I can add a boot option name but can not input /EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi

Thanks

Hi nguyenmac,

Do you have files that work with inspiron 3721?

How to get - Add boot option: Add /EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi in USB? I can add a boot option name but can not input /EFI/Boot/Bootx64.efi

Thanks

I don't have this laptop unfortunately.

Does anyone have a copy of the CONFIG.ZIP file (Clover Configuration file) that was mentioned in Step #2 of this great guide? Dropbox says the file is missing or moved. Thanks!

Hiya, first off thanks for making the guide.

I purchased a 7537 and it arrived yesterday and I'm trying to follow your guide but i'm having a problem.

Basically i get a black screen right about where the OSX Installer setup would normally appear.

I get the usual grey screen and spinning loader, then the screen flashes and a mouse pointer appears, then it goes bacl as if the display was turned off.

I tried various settings in the Clover configuration but nothing is helping yet.

I also tried booting with the HDMI cable attached, and at the time the screen on the laptop goes blank the HDMI monitor then shows a grey screen with a mouse pointer that can be moved around.

I was able to boot into single user mode from the USB stick, but after typing 'exit' the system continues to boot and then i get the same black screen.

I cannot boot using -X from the USB stick, i get a kernel panic.

What BIOS version does are you guys using? Mine came with A05 and I upgraded it to A07 BEFORE I tried the OSX Installer. I have not tried switching back to A05 yet.

Any ideas?

I tried bios A02, same problem

My display resolution is 1920x1080, might that have something to do with it? Is there anything that i might need to change for that?

I tried bios A02, same problem

My display resolution is 1920x1080, might that have something to do with it? Is there anything that i might need to change for that?

Try this config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 253

Hi,

thanks for the file. Alas it made no difference.

Still get a black screen in the same place.

I noticed the changes were to the Graphics section:

Code:
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>ig-platform-id</key>
		<string>0x0a260006</string>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

I had previously tried changing the platform-id and the dual link settings and it had no effect.

I have also tried adding VideoPorts to it, no change :(

Code:
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>3</integer>

I have been referencing the clover manual, here:

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics

I had also tried upgrading clover to the latest version, r2652 by installing it over the top of the files on the USB stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back