1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I'm posting on multiple forums to see if anyone can help:

I've been loving the transition over to Opencore to keep our hackintoshes running great. I have fresh Catalina installs on a GA-Z87X i7 4770 & GA-Z390 i9 9900 so far and am happy with the results.
Using Opencore 0.5.7, I'm helping a friend with a fresh Catalina install on a Dell Inspiron 3847 i7 4770 , following the Opencore Vanilla guide as usual, including building the install USB from a windows machine. We've added the proper SSDT's by following instructions for SSDTtime and pulling from the target machine in Windows. We're successfully getting past the boot picker menu of Opencore, but are stuck at pictured.
My guess from the panic call is something to do with the Framebuffer? We're using the default ig-platform-id in the Haswell section of the guide but have also tried a few of the other desktop id's from the Framebuffer guide in the Haswell section to no avail. Is this my main action right now? Continue to try all of those ID's in the Device Properties' AAPL ig-platform-id entry? Is there anything else I'm missing here?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

panic.jpg

I have had luck with OC on some machines and zero success on others, if you post your EFI Folder I can have a look. OC requires the config.plist sections to be accurate to boot.

Using Opencore 0.5.7, I'm helping a friend with a fresh Catalina install on a Dell Inspiron 3847 i7 4770
We're using the default ig-platform-id in the Haswell section of the guide but have also tried a few of the other desktop id's from the Framebuffer guide in the Haswell section to no avail. Is this my main action right now? Continue to try all of those ID's in the Device Properties' AAPL ig-platform-id entry? Is there anything else I'm missing here?
Any help would be appreciated.

I have just made my transition from Clover to OpenCore a week ago and I am still learning about OC.
Look at my config: GA-Z87MX-D3H and i7-4770S. My Platform ID is 0x0D220003.
You should download Hackintool.app. Open it and choose Boot then Bootloader: Auto Detect or Open Core. Return to Patch and you have two windows, one for your current framebuffer and one for a FB you select with Intel Generation and Platform ID.
Go to Connectors and see if the types are not all Dummy. If so open your OC config.plist in Xcode and enter the Platform ID. Save and restart.
Here attached my OC config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Thank you @jcds83.
Taking some clues from your config.plist, I have managed to reach the Mac OS install screen.
I have a feeling the main parameter I changed that worked was framebuffer-stolenmem. You had <00000002> and I had <00003001> from the vanilla guide.
Thanks again.

Now I have an entirely new problem of not having ethernet to do the actual install, but will investigate this and post elsewhere.

Now I have an entirely new problem of not having ethernet to do the actual install, but will investigate this and post elsewhere.
I think it's simple. I've just looked at your kexts folder. It contains IntelMausiEthernet.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext. You must keep only one of two. Our mobos are very close and I've kept the IntelMausi one.

Yeah, I saw that.......but that wasn't it....and I did some head-banging on the wall for a bit, until I realized NIC was turned off in the BIOs. DOH! RTL8111 for this Dell Inspsiron 3847.

Things are coming together nicely on this install...

Now I just need to work on power management and sleep!

way you could share your working efi folder? u dont have to just trying to save some time. Thanks

way you could share your working efi folder? u dont have to just trying to save some time. Thanks
Ok I got to the install screen but the stuff is in looks like Chinese. I changed it to us but still Chinese and clicked install but looked like have me an error but could t read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back