Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3543-C USB port Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

Download IORegistryExplorer v2.1 and run it. Go to the File menu and Save As ... then upload the *.IOReg file here so we can take a look at it. Also your config.plist (after removing serial numbers etc) :)
hi, thanks so much sir, here what all you required

Attachments

• Trån’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 43
  • config.plist
    16.8 KB · Views: 62
hi, thanks so much sir, here what all you required

Okay thanks for those. They help greatly and let us see everything we need. :thumbup:

You have only 1x EHCI controller, so what you see there in Hackintool is correct.

Normally your chipset does not have an XHCI (USB3) controller. What Dell have done is include a JMicron 3rd-party chip to provide the USB3 port.

You can configure the USB2 ports easily, but you will probably not be able to configure the USB3 port.

:)

Okay thanks for those. They help greatly and let us see everything we need. :thumbup:

You have only 1x EHCI controller, so what you see there in Hackintool is correct.

Normally your chipset does not have an XHCI (USB3) controller. What Dell have done is include a JMicron 3rd-party chip to provide the USB3 port.

You can configure the USB2 ports easily, but you will probably not be able to configure the USB3 port.

:)
bad news! so in my case NOT ABLE to make USB 3.0 port can working, right sir?

bad news! so in my case NOT ABLE to make USB 3.0 port can working, right sir?

No, the USB3 port should still work - although in macOS it might be unreliable and is not configurable so it might only run at USB2 speeds. It will not appear in Hackintool.

Prior to Mojave you could use GenericUSBXHCI.kext from MultiBeast, as it was designed to work with several 3rd-party chipsets, however it has not been updated for 5-years or so, and does not work in Catalina.

No, the USB3 port should still work - although in macOS it might be unreliable and is not configurable so it might only run at USB2 speeds. It will not appear in Hackintool.

Prior to Mojave you could use GenericUSBXHCI.kext from MultiBeast, as it was designed to work with several 3rd-party chipsets, however it has not been updated for 5-years or so, and does not work in Catalina.
yep, i mean that also is usb 3.0 port working under 2.0 mode. But i think my controller is intel, isnt it?
one chanel from youtube show usb 3.0 work on Hackintosh Dell Inspiron 3543 A30 HIGH SIERRA
i dont know why his Dell 3543 has bios version A30, while my Dell also 3543 just A11 (lasted from homepage driver)
i had try his EFI folder with only kext and DSDT, config.plist but cant boot

i found thread, maybe follow?
and another guide said can patch appleusbxhci to work with all usb controller? but maybe it's too old from 2014, so i cant follow to test because stuck at binary code not found
and what about USB drives Not Ejected Properly on wake from sleep issue, bro? any solution for that?
i found solution and testing, maybe?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 04.57.20.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 04.57.20.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 39
  • patch-appleusbxhci.docx.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back