i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500 + GT 920M, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi, thanks your guide very useful, i followed this guide but not sure about some:
+ at Step 3) Port Discovery:
Here is a test of the same port using first a USB2.0 drive and second a USB3.0 drive: (that's port i know is 3.0 port)
USB22.png
USB32.png

The physical port is the same, but how it is enumerated is different depending on what type of device is plugged-in - USB2.0 is an HS** port and USB3.0/3.1 is an SS** port. So as you can see, a single, physical USB3 port counts as 2x ports towards our 15-limit because either type of device can be plugged in to it.
Why in my case it isnt? maybe i wrong or missing else?
So what i can do with this case?
many thanks to you!

Hi there. (no need to be so formal, we're all in this together :thumbup: )

Yes, the patch is for macOS rather than a specific machine, although having said that, I have never come across a laptop with so many USB ports, so I seriously doubt you will need it.

Configuring your existing USB ports is still a good idea.

:)
hi, thanks your answer! would i have a questions: i followed this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/), but not sure about some:
Here is a test of the same port using first a USB2.0 drive and second a USB3.0 drive: (that's port i know is 3.0 port)
USB22.png
USB32.png
The physical port is the same, but how it is enumerated is different depending on what type of device is plugged-in - USB2.0 is an HS** port and USB3.0/3.1 is an SS** port. So as you can see, a single, physical USB3 port counts as 2x ports towards our 15-limit because either type of device can be plugged in to it.

hi, thanks your answer! would i have a questions: i followed this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/), but not sure about some:
View attachment 438752View attachment 438753

Hi there.

Looking at the top panel of Hackintool you can see only one EHC controller, so that means no ports will be USB3, only USB2.

I am not familiar with your laptop's intel chipset. We would need to check that to see what it is capable of and go from there. (sorry, not at my desk at the moment).

Hi there.

Looking at the top panel of Hackintool you can see only one EHC controller, so that means no ports will be USB3, only USB2.

I am not familiar with your laptop's intel chipset. We would need to check that to see what it is capable of and go from there. (sorry, not at my desk at the moment).

thanks so much, im looking news for my issue, hope it much! goodnight, im must go to sleep now :) too late hi

thanks so much, im looking news for my issue, hope it much! goodnight, im must go to sleep now :) too late hi

No problem.

From what I can see your laptop has just 1x USB3 port and 2x USB2 ports. Therefore it will have an XHC controller on-board somewhere.

Ensure the USBInjectAll.kext is installed then run IORegistryExplorer to check where the ports show up.

No problem.

From what I can see your laptop has just 1x USB3 port and 2x USB2 ports. Therefore it will have an XHC controller on-board somewhere.

Ensure the USBInjectAll.kext is installed then run IORegistryExplorer to check where the ports show up.

yes sir, exactly what's my laptop, how/ what to show in IORegistryExplorer, sir? and i read somewhere that IORegistryExplorer v2.1 is the better choose, right?
maybe issue "USB drives Not Ejected Properly on wake from sleep" also same?

yes sir, exactly what's my laptop, how/ what to show in IORegistryExplorer, sir? and i read somewhere that IORegistryExplorer v2.1 is the better choose, right?
maybe issue "USB drives Not Ejected Properly on wake from sleep" also same?

Take a look at the end of this guide, because the author explains the USB set-up and provides an SSDT-UIAC.aml

Last edited:
Take a look at the end of this guide, because the author explains the USB set-up and provides an SSDT-UIAC.aml

:D wom, thank you very much, sir! i dont know about that topic same my specs 3543 inspiron
edit: well, after look around that thread, i still not success with usb 3.0 port, nothing change. would you help me/ show me a guide/trick for make it work, sir? thank your advance!

Last edited:
hi @UtterDisbelief , would you help me about issue, forgive me but seem nobody look at that

Hi there.

Download IORegistryExplorer v2.1 and run it. Go to the File menu and Save As ... then upload the *.IOReg file here so we can take a look at it. Also your config.plist (after removing serial numbers etc) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back