Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3542 SUCCESS HD 4400 w/GTX 840m Yosemite/Clover build

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR9565 is not covered in the FAQ, due to the patches for it not being well documented (eg. only pre-patched kexts provided, with no clear information on which version of the kext was used as a base for the patched kext).

If you find well documented patches (eg. Clover KextsToPatch content), you can propose it be added to the FAQ.

According to the method I followed there was no need for patching. Just an installation of three kexts. There isn't any information about the kexts too. Should I attach the kexts?

According to the method I followed there was no need for patching. Just an installation of three kexts.

The kexts are patched.

The reason why I don't mention it in the FAQ is because the process by which the patched kexts were created is not well documented. Which means it will break when the system is updated and the patched kexts are no longer compatible.

Big thanks to Rehabman & Toleda for their guides in getting here

While I won't go into specifics of the install process I recommend using the other guides out there to install Clover using UEFI interface

Specs are as follows:

Dell Inspiron 3542 A04 BIOS
Intel i7 2.0 GHz (Haswell)
intel HD 4400 with discrete nvidia GTX 840m
Realtek ALC 3223 HD Audio
Display 1366 x 768
Realtek 81xxx ethernet

wifi card replaced with Broadcom compatible card (£10 from eBay)

Only issues are no audio after sleep while graphics use 4400
For brightness use the slider control in Display settings

Files attached, a great little laptop (and reasonably priced) for Yosemite

Enjoy!
May I ask which card? I currently have an HP Pavilion 17-f078nf with broadcom BCM43142 card, which is incompatible apparently.

According to the method I followed there was no need for patching. Just an installation of three kexts. There isn't any information about the kexts too. Should I attach the kexts?
Please share the method you used to fix AR9565

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back