Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, I'm in need of assistance and I'm hoping that you will be able to help me :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521, with an i3 processor, Intel HD 4000 graphics, and 4GB of RAM. I have followed the Unibeast guide for Yosemite, and have managed to get to Chimera, however, I cannot seem to boot into the installer.

I have tried various boot flag combinations, but I am a loss. So if anyone has any help or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark :)

Hello all, I'm in need of assistance and I'm hoping that you will be able to help me :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521, with an i3 processor, Intel HD 4000 graphics, and 4GB of RAM. I have followed the Unibeast guide for Yosemite, and have managed to get to Chimera, however, I cannot seem to boot into the installer.

I have tried various boot flag combinations, but I am a loss. So if anyone has any help or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I believe I have now updated this. And I also have 6GB of RAM, and not 4.

Updated again.

Make sure you created your USB with "Laptop Support" and without "Legacy USB"

Remove /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext
Add GenericUSBXHCI.kext to /Extra/Extensions on the USB: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3
Update VoodooPS2Controller.kext at /Extra/Extensions on the USB: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Boot with flags:
dart=0 -v

Post photo if it stops. Be patient. Booting the OS X installer is not quick.

Thank you for the help, dude!

Works all but one thing; my wireless card doesn't work. It's a Dell Wireless 1703 card, I believe

Hi again, I've started again (few errors with multibeast)

Basically, I'm not sure which options to select with Multibeast and was wondering which I should select.

I selected the Easy option, I think, and upon restart, I got a kernel panic, so any help would be greatly received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back