Graphics
Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm currently trying to install Mavericks on this laptop. I can get as far as the actual install screen, where the laptop screen goes blank. If i hook up a HDMI cable, I'm able to see the install screen, although completely distorted, enough so that I can't proceed with install.
Was wondering if there is any boot flags that i can try to make this work, or if this laptop is simply not compatible.

Hi, I'm currently trying to install Mavericks on this laptop. I can get as far as the actual install screen, where the laptop screen goes blank. If i hook up a HDMI cable, I'm able to see the install screen, although completely distorted, enough so that I can't proceed with install.
Was wondering if there is any boot flags that i can try to make this work, or if this laptop is simply not compatible.

What is the resolution of your screen? And what chipset is in your laptop (6-series or 7-series). It is best to get a PCI inventory by running 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal before you start. That way you know what hardware you're dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back