Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this ML installation.

Dell Inspiron 1525
Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.60GHz processor with 1MB L2 cache and 533MHz FSB
Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
2GB RAM DDR2

I've had 10.6.8 running on here previously
Trying to get to the ML installation screen using Unibeast 1.5
With the bootflag 'PCIRootUID=0' I can get to the apple logo and the spinning wheel which freezes after about 20 seconds.
I've tried other bootflags and the system just hangs on 'PCI configuration begin'

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Pentium dual core isnt supported in mountain lion. Only systems having Core 2 duo or higher are supported.

In my "About this mac" it says my processor name is "Intel Core 2 Duo".

Can anyone help, tried with Unibeat 1.5.1 and still just freezes at the apple logo with spinning wheel..

run it with -v and tell us where it freezes

Sorry it won't work

ML requires 64 bit kexts. Unfortuanately the video g3100 is no longer supported. I also have a 1525 but it runs Lion with the 32 bit graphics driver.

Ah damn!

When i run it with -v it freezes on PCI configuration begin..

Is there any workaround on this?

I have tried pretty extensively to get mountain lion running on my 1525 and I can't even get to the installer. To get past the Begin PCI Configuration you need either a lion or snow leopard IOPCIFamily.kext which are 64 bit so you're fine there. Then I would get a Kernel Panic because of the onboard ethernet which is controlled by AppleYukon2.kext located in IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins. I tried to edit it and used a patched one which didn't work out so well for me so I removed it all together and got to where it shows the mac address 00:11:22:33:44:55. As far as I know, I'm no expert just a novice, in Lion and Snow Leopard, so I assume it would be the same for Mountain Lion, this is when the system boots up the actual desktop. I think I'm getting stuck here because our graphics card is not supported for Mountain Lion. The reason we can get it to natively run on Lion is because it is the same card as in older Macbook's which are not supported by Mountain Lion. In fact there aren't any AppleIntelGMA* kexts in Mountain Lion only AppleIntelHD*. I have read some people say that this means it is not possible for us to get Mountain Lion because the Lion graphics kexts are 32 bit. But there have been several very successful work-arounds for old MacBooks to get Mountain Lion up and running, none of which involve editing or replacing graphics kexts. So I'm pretty certain there is a way to get it running. If someone can help me figure out how to get past the freeze that comes after determining the mac address I'll try to get it installed and then work on getting all the peripherals like sound, trackpad, wifi, sleep and everything else working.

im on the same boat. stuck at pci config begins. there seems to be hacked drivers for the x3100 but one step at a time. need to boot this first...

is there some port of x64 x3100 kext? I remember that exist in some version.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back