MacBook Pro M1 13"
CPU
M1
Graphics
M1
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello Hackintosh-Fans,

i want to know, if anybody has already successfully installed a Dell Inspiron 1525 with the the new Update 10.6.8? (Screen Resolution 1280x800 , integrated Intel GMA X3100 graphics)
I tried several Installation Instructions. The OS gets installed but i find no Bootloader that successfully loads into MacOS without CD. Whether into 10.6.3 nor 10.6.8.
The best solution i have is install Multibeast with EasyBeast and selecting Chimera Bootloader, but there it only seems to load the system (it seems it goes all the way into the os) but after the Apple logo disappears, the screen stays black (It still loads but, but no picture).
Do i have to install a Kext or graphics card driver?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Peter

Hi,
that i understand it right, i have to install Multibeast only with this custom DSDT instead of using EasyBeast?
Do i have to enable any other settings or install different bootloader (Chimera in Multibeast)?
It would be awesome if this works.
Thanks for your answer, i let you know if this works.

Peter

I come to the point, with installing this DSDT, that the computer gets a kernel panic with AirPort message. How can i proceed?
Thx, Peter

Same happens to me but I can not make it work. Not even with GraphicsEnabler-No or -x.

All I see is a black screen. No Super Cool start video or desktop.

I have a custom Dell 1525 DSDT file but if I don't boot I can not install it. I would like to install it on my USB stick installation disk, but I dont know how to do it. Can anyone guide me please ?

Another problem I have is that at the installation I always get a Installation Unsuccessfull at the very very end. It says the installation can not make it boot. Use the boot Disk application (or something like it) Anyway I tried to boot with iBoot and iBoot Legacy but with the same black screen result.

I have a Desktop Mac with 10.6.8 working just in case so I can make edits on the USB installation or the Dell 1525 Laptop Hard Disk (I can connect it with a SATA Hard Disk USB Adapter)

Thank you

SOLVED: Dell Inspiron 1525 with 10.6.8

Yes !!!! I solved my problem with this GUIDE, which is the only real guide that worked as it says. you can read it here:

https://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/ ... piron-1525

Download the Boot CD as the guide says which boots greats exactly and specifically made for the DELL 1525:

BootDell1525_v1.iso.zip http://cl.ly/2C343P3t3A301s0e1807

I advice you not to use the 1440x900 version boot CD unless your Leopard max video resolution say 1440x900. Normally your resolution will state as 1280x800 max, so for this use the normal Boot CD (BootDell1525_v1.iso.zip), or your screen will turn white with stripes at Leopard start up.

Then follow the guide and other steps and Leopard will be installed with no problem.

Theres a Lion installation too in this blog, but I haven´t tried yet. I think he has not solve the sound & sleep problems yet. If anyone try it, please let me know how it worked. And if you know how to solve the Sound & Sleep problems in the DELL 1525 with Lion.

Thank you !!!

SOLVED: Dell Inspiron 1525 with 10.6.8

Yes !!!! I solved my problem with this GUIDE, which is the only real guide that worked as it says. you can read it here:

https://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/ ... piron-1525

Download the Boot CD as the guide says which boots greats exactly and specifically made for the DELL 1525:

BootDell1525_v1.iso.zip http://cl.ly/2C343P3t3A301s0e1807

I advice you not to use the 1440x900 version boot CD unless your Leopard max video resolution say 1440x900. Normally your resolution will state as 1280x800 max, so for this use the normal Boot CD (BootDell1525_v1.iso.zip), or your screen will turn white with stripes at Leopard start up.

Then follow the guide and other steps and Leopard will be installed with no problem.

Theres a Lion installation too in this blog, but I haven´t tried yet. I think he has not solve the sound & sleep problems yet. If anyone try it, please let me know how it worked. And if you know how to solve the Sound & Sleep problems in the DELL 1525 with Lion.

Thank you !!!
Can you send BootDell1525_v1.iso.zip please! the link was broke!

Hi Tho

Did you ever get the software: BootDell1525_v1.iso.zip?
I sre would be happy ti get it for my Dell Inspiron 1525

Thanks

Deleted

Last edited:
Wow i cant believe people are still working on dell 1525!
Instead of the dell boot cd you can boot with chameleon 2.0 rc5... Works great
Let me know if you need the exact steps and/or files
I'm stuck with no wifi... Rest everything works
Although wifi works on lion 10.7.5
Thank you, but the wifi is working. I have just changed a litttle in System/Library/Extensions and it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back