Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 - General Installation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuilt the injector and now everything is working except the speakers! I'm not too sure as to why this wouldn't work (as headphones and mic work fine), as I've been using the same files since I originally patched the audio on this laptop!

Should I re-patch my audio? :think:
I'll reattach files to see if there's any glaring mistakes that I've missed...

Thank you!

-Duncan
Have You tried Using AppleALC+LILU? The AppleALC kext have implemented a fix for the Kernel loading issue I experienced when I created this thread, im Using AppleALC on my Inspiron 7558 and ditched my old patches and it has been working very very well.

@RehabMan Slighty unrelated to the thread, but I gotta ask
Have You tried Using AppleALC+LILU? The AppleALC kext have implemented a fix for the Kernel loading issue I experienced when I created this thread, im Using AppleALC on my Inspiron 7558 and ditched my old patches and it has been working very very well.
Just curious that if you search for 'HDEF' in IORegistryExplorer, do you get a hit for 'HDEF@1B' or for 'HDEF@1F,3'? Thanks.

Just curious that if you search for 'HDEF' in IORegistryExplorer, do you get a hit for 'HDEF@1B' or for 'HDEF@1F,3'? Thanks.

It will depend on your hardware.
Skylake and later have HDEF._ADR=0x001F0003
Earlier than that HDEF._ADR=0x001B0000

It looks like I get IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B

Im attaching my IOREG, Have fun.

If you need something else from me just ask.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 118
It looks like I get IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B

Im attaching my IOREG, Have fun.

If you need something else from me just ask.

@1B is expected (HDEF._ADR=0x001b0000) for your hardware (Broadwell).

Hey guys!

I'm having trouble to wake my dell 7567 from sleep, I'm able to sleep but screen freezes on wake up and I have to manually shut it down and restart.

Let me know if attached files are enough in this case or I need to provide more information.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Dell 7567 Wake Issue.zip
    3 MB · Views: 80
Hey all!

I GOT MY HEADPHONES WORKING! :D
I just forgot to add ALC256.aml...

The headphones are very loud, though, but I can live with that by turning the volume down...:lol:

With that I pretty much have everything on this machine working!
I'm going to try to look into getting everything "perfectly" patched (and for audio this means trying to get the subwoofer working, too! i.e. 2.1 support)

Thank you all very much! :D

-Duncan
@AGuyWhoIsBored , how did you solve this issue? I am facing similar issues with Headphones on my DELL 5370 and it uses ALC295. Can you share your ALC256.aml / dsl please?

@AGuyWhoIsBored , how did you solve this issue? I am facing similar issues with Headphones on my DELL 5370 and it uses ALC295. Can you share your ALC256.aml / dsl please?

SSDT-ALC256 comes from my CodecCommander repo on github.
It is specific to Realtek ALC256, of course, and will not likely match the nodes on ALC295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back