Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there, I'm new to hackintosh's but like the concept of a hackintosh laptop for student use. I'm starting a computing science degree so will be buying a new laptop for university, I decided to go hackintosh as macbooks are out of my price range but I heard OS X is the best OS for programming as it is Unix based (also I like the aesthetics of OS X Yosemtie and edit video as a hobby). I needed something fairly high spec for compiling etc and found this:

http://m.dell.com/mt/www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7548-laptop/pd.aspx?fl=m&oc=cn75808

Since I'm new to the hackintosh scene I'm wondering about compatibility with Yosemite. I'd need the WiFi card to work to connect to campus wifi and I'm also wondering about the compatibility of the 4K screen. If the 4K screen won't work then there is a 1080p version I could also buy. I'd also ideally want the graphics card to be fully compatible as I will be editing videos on this machine.

Please tell me what you think or any other laptops you would recommend around similar specs and price point (doesn't have to be 16GB of ram I think 8GB would be fine)
Any feedback is extremely appreciated, thanks

Hey guys! I am thinking of buying this beauty aswell, so how did it go? ;)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back