Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - Kaby Lake
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.80GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hi there,
I'm not an advanced user, but I think with a little help from the experts of this community, I can hopefully install the High Sierra on my laptop.

After several trials I could finally reach the step 1 (creating the USB boot). For some reason, all the methods (including using UniBeast) failed on installing a Mac OS Installer on the second partition of the pen drive . The only thing that solved the problem was using the Boot Disk Utility directly from Windows. But I'm still not able to boot properly. I already used the standard clover configuration, and a slightly changed config to best match my system using the configurator, also tried to follow along some guides on similar laptops, but the thing is: I've spent a lot of time reading the clovers wiki, and I feel as if would be impossible to understand all the technical stuff if your are not a programmer.

What would be the most essential things to look for on the EFI creation? What kexts and other adds should I definitely include on my install? Since I don't like the idea of messing up with the codes, I'm preferably using clover configurator to edit the config.plist file, but still have no idea of which drivers and kexts should I install.

My laptop details:
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
Processor: Intel i7 7700HQ - Kaby Lake - 2.80GHz
Socket 1440 FCBGA (Multiplier 8-38)
Mainboard: Model 065C71 - A00
BIOS:01.00.06
Memory: DDR4 16GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630, but also using a NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) graphic card.
Just in case, here's the official link of the product: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAW8DX0/?tag=tonymacx86-21

BIOS SETUP (So far):
I'm using the defaults configuration with a few changes:
- USB powershare disabled
- Secure Boot disabled
- Virtualization direct I/0 disabled

Thanks

Extra help that could help:

m5GVC6

I pic of how my BIOS looks like.

Attachments

• BIOS.jpg
    BIOS.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Hi there,
I'm not an advanced user, but I think with a little help from the experts of this community, I can hopefully install the High Sierra on my laptop.

After several trials I could finally reach the step 1 (creating the USB boot). For some reason, all the methods (including using UniBeast) failed on installing a Mac OS Installer on the second partition of the pen drive . The only thing that solved the problem was using the Boot Disk Utility directly from Windows. But I'm still not able to boot properly. I already used the standard clover configuration, and a slightly changed config to best match my system using the configurator, also tried to follow along some guides on similar laptops, but the thing is: I've spent a lot of time reading the clovers wiki, and I feel as if would be impossible to understand all the technical stuff if your are not a programmer.

What would be the most essential things to look for on the EFI creation? What kexts and other adds should I definitely include on my install? Since I don't like the idea of messing up with the codes, I'm preferably using clover configurator to edit the config.plist file, but still have no idea of which drivers and kexts should I install.

My laptop details:
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
Processor: Intel i7 7700HQ - Kaby Lake - 2.80GHz
Socket 1440 FCBGA (Multiplier 8-38)
Mainboard: Model 065C71 - A00
BIOS:01.00.06
Memory: DDR4 16GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630, but also using a NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) graphic card.
Just in case, here's the official link of the product: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAW8DX0/?tag=tonymacx86-21

BIOS SETUP (So far):
I'm using the defaults configuration with a few changes:
- USB powershare disabled
- Secure Boot disabled
- Virtualization direct I/0 disabled

Thanks

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back