Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to try to hackintosh my laptop if at all possible and use it for recording music with garageband.

Here are the specs

Dell Inspiron 15 5547
Intel Core i7 4510U
Intel HD 4400 Graphics

I don't know what the audio is but I can replace the wifi card with a compatible one and I'll probably upgrade the hard drive to a solid state drive.

Does anyone have experience hackintoshing this laptop or know whether or not it will work. Thanks. If it will work then I'll buy the retail dvd of snow leopard from apple.com.

I've been using linux for almost ten years so I have some experience fooling with different operating systems and getting things configured correctly, so as long as it'll work I shouldn't have any problem following the instructions on this site and getting it to work.

Thanks for any help.

Respectfully,

Nicholas

I read the basic info and tried to do the iboot-haswell plus multibeast method to install snow leopard on my laptop, unfortunately it's not working at all.

Iboot-haswell boots up then I put in snow leopard and press f5 and enter, but when it reboots it just goes to some rescue prompt and doesn't even attempt to boot snow leopard. I did try adding some of the parameters mentioned on this site but it didn't change the results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I noticed someone else on this site got the same laptop to basically run os x and I asked them how on another thread but the thread is a bit old and I don't know if they'll ever get back to me about it.

Respectfully,

Nicholas

Did I mention that this laptop doesn't have an internal cd/dvd rom so I have to use an external usb optical drive, does that make a difference?

Is there a way to burn iboot to a usb because I read other people saying the typical programs used to make bootable usbs don't work with it.

I read the basic info and tried to do the iboot-haswell plus multibeast method to install snow leopard on my laptop, unfortunately it's not working at all.

Iboot-haswell boots up then I put in snow leopard and press f5 and enter, but when it reboots it just goes to some rescue prompt and doesn't even attempt to boot snow leopard. I did try adding some of the parameters mentioned on this site but it didn't change the results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I noticed someone else on this site got the same laptop to basically run os x and I asked them how on another thread but the thread is a bit old and I don't know if they'll ever get back to me about it.

Respectfully,

Nicholas

Snow Leopard does not support your hardware.

It is best that you install Yosemite.

I see, thanks for letting me know.

Graphic Hd 4400 not working in Dell Inspiron 15 5547 and Mac os EL Capitan

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.37.18 PM.png
Hi !
I'm using dell 5547 and install Mac os EL Capitan
But graphic not working.
Please help me!
Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back