5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
**The desktop in my profile is NOT what I need help with**

Instead, I need help with this laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 3521):

mobo: Mobile Intel HM76 Express (Maybe?)

CPU (What the hackintosh says): Intel Core i5 1.6 GHZ
CPU (What the manual says): Intel Celeron processor 1017U (2M Cache, 1.6 GHz)

Graphics (What the hackintosh says): Intel HD Graphics 2500 4 MB
Graphics (What the manual says): Intel HD Graphics 4000

My problem is that I cannot get the graphics to stop glitching. The dock is grey, and the system is super slow. The login screen is also grey and it flickers while I insert my password.

How can I fix my graphics? I've looked at every single thread about my laptop on these forums, and I've tried all of the "fixes," but none of them seem to work for me. I've tried setting my ig-platform-id to 0x01660003, but that didn't work for me either. Please, help me. :(

-Kyle

My problem is that I cannot get the graphics to stop glitching. The dock is grey, and the system is super slow. The login screen is also grey and it flickers while I insert my password.

How can I fix my graphics? I've looked at every single thread about my laptop on these forums, and I've tried all of the "fixes," but none of them seem to work for me. I've tried setting my ig-platform-id to 0x01660003, but that didn't work for me either. Please, help me. :(

-Kyle
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

I gave the information in the post. So, do I need to erase my main hackintosh from my profile and replace it with the laptop's information just to ask this one question? If so, I'll do it, but I did give the information in the post.

-Kyle
hardware profile needs to reflect the machine you are working on

have the laptop details in the fields under your username and desktop profile in build signature

-Kyle

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back