Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 - Sound, Brightness and Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
made it, battery status working! now i have a silly issue, i got two drives on this computer, an ssd of 32gb in which i began installing osx and its working with el capitan, then i did put another drive with a previous osx installation and booted with the dell efi, surprisingly the brightness control on this installation is working better, it can go lower in brigthness and higher , in the other installation it does not work as well and both installations are using the same EFI folder,.,... what do you think could it be?????, in the second hard drive i upgraded to sierra and its working amazing, the one thing that i lost is the monitor capability of the procesor temps, yesterday it was working, thanks for your response
cheers!
nevermind , fixed it.. using your last acpi backlight kext! thank you!
everything working amazing in the ssd install... sound with a voodoohda.kext, acurate bightness, battery status ACPI battery managment kext , sleep native, webcam native, qe ci introducing id in clover configurator, the touchpad works pretty neat with the apple ps2 smartouchpad kext , replaced the wifi card with an atheros ar5b95 but sacrificed the bluetooth that came with the dell 170 card and worked natively

in my other install... which is Os sierra sleep is not working and the trackpad menu is not working either

cheers

made it, battery status working! now i have a silly issue, i got two drives on this computer, an ssd of 32gb in which i began installing osx and its working with el capitan, then i did put another drive with a previous osx installation and booted with the dell efi, surprisingly the brightness control on this installation is working better, it can go lower in brigthness and higher , in the other installation it does not work as well and both installations are using the same EFI folder,.,... what do you think could it be?????, in the second hard drive i upgraded to sierra and its working amazing, the one thing that i lost is the monitor capability of the procesor temps, yesterday it was working, thanks for your response
cheers!

The brightness guide is linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Dear all,

so I succeeded to install Yosemite on a Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 (Core i3) via UniBeast and everything is working fine so far:

- Trackpad (with two finger scrolling)
- Intel HD4000 out of the box
- Ethernet
- Webcam
- etc.

However, what is not working is the sound, the brightness adjustments and the battery display (i.e the stats of the charged battery). I tried to play around with VoodooHDA, but I did not succeed. The installed audio device is an "IDT High Definition Audio" and I do not know which *.kext to use.

Does anyone have any hints?

If you need further information on the hardware, please tell me which one and I will provide ASAP. :)

Thank you very much in advance

Daft Funk i have the same notebook you have. Could you help me to install yosemite, please? i'm a totally noob.. Can you kindly link the download pages for me to download and help me to create a bootable USB?

Thanks for the patience!

Daft Funk i have the same notebook you have. Could you help me to install yosemite, please? i'm a totally noob.. Can you kindly link the download pages for me to download and help me to create a bootable USB?

Thanks for the patience!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back