2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear all,

so I succeeded to install Yosemite on a Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 (Core i3) via UniBeast and everything is working fine so far:

- Trackpad (with two finger scrolling)
- Intel HD4000 out of the box
- Ethernet
- Webcam
- etc.

However, what is not working is the sound, the brightness adjustments and the battery display (i.e the stats of the charged battery). I tried to play around with VoodooHDA, but I did not succeed. The installed audio device is an "IDT High Definition Audio" and I do not know which *.kext to use.

Does anyone have any hints?

If you need further information on the hardware, please tell me which one and I will provide ASAP. :)

Thank you very much in advance

Dear all,

so I succeeded to install Yosemite on a Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 (Core i3) via UniBeast and everything is working fine so far:

- Ethernet
- Webcam
- etc.

However, what is not working is the sound, the brightness adjustments and the battery display (i.e the stats of the charged battery). I tried to play around with VoodooHDA, but I did not succeed. The installed audio device is an "IDT High Definition Audio" and I do not know which *.kext to use.

If you need further information on the hardware, please tell me which one and I will provide ASAP. :)

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

--

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

--

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Hello.

How did you get to the install screen? I succeed with Mavericks installation but when I try with Yosemite stuck on start apple logo and I can't get the install screen. I've try unable rapid start and rapid storage tech, setting it to ahci driver but I get the deny icon and in verbose it says waiting for root device.

Thanks in advance.

Hello.

How did you get to the install screen? I succeed with Mavericks installation but when I try with Yosemite stuck on start apple logo and I can't get the install screen. I've try unable rapid start and rapid storage tech, setting it to ahci driver but I get the deny icon and in verbose it says waiting for root device.

Thanks in advance.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Dear Daft-Funk,

I have same Dell 5423 Ultrabook. Could you share procedure of Yosemite installation from USB flesh? Thanks in advance!
Dear all,

- Ethernet
- Webcam
- etc.

Please I followed all guides I could so far trying to make this to work with no success so far.

I have the exact same laptop except for the CPU (mine is core i5).

And I still can't install MacOSX tried Yosemite and Mavericks from USB Stick.

I always get stuck in the pre-installation screen.

Everytime with a different error 1st I got the "bluetooth" error, the "VM Swap", then "still waiting for device".

Tried with every command I could find like -x -v -f also trying to force GraphicsEnabler and all that.

Pls can someone help? Thanks in advance.

ps.: sorry for my bad english, this is not my main language.

Please I followed all guides I could so far trying to make this to work with no success so far.

I have the exact same laptop except for the CPU (mine is core i5).

And I still can't install MacOSX tried Yosemite and Mavericks from USB Stick.

I always get stuck in the pre-installation screen.

Everytime with a different error 1st I got the "bluetooth" error, the "VM Swap", then "still waiting for device".

Tried with every command I could find like -x -v -f also trying to force GraphicsEnabler and all that.

Pls can someone help? Thanks in advance.

ps.: sorry for my bad english, this is not my main language.

Follow one of the guides linked by the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

--

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

--

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Hey Rehabman!!!
As always gotta thank you for your hard work, and for the guidance.
you helped me with an asus vivobook that works awesome,, but now i got a dell inspiron 14z 5423, got working everything but the battery status , would you reccomend me an existing baterry patch?
only patched the dsdt for brightness

cheers!

made it, battery status working! now i have a silly issue, i got two drives on this computer, an ssd of 32gb in which i began installing osx and its working with el capitan, then i did put another drive with a previous osx installation and booted with the dell efi, surprisingly the brightness control on this installation is working better, it can go lower in brigthness and higher , in the other installation it does not work as well and both installations are using the same EFI folder,.,... what do you think could it be?????, in the second hard drive i upgraded to sierra and its working amazing, the one thing that i lost is the monitor capability of the procesor temps, yesterday it was working, thanks for your response
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back