Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Inspiron 13 7359 (Mojave) No audio + Black screen after wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @ratboy10 I got my internal sound working. It was something stupid, I just uncomment #layout_id under devices/properties in my config.plist and inject audio layout 3. There was not need to manual patch my dsdt because I did it in my clover file (hot patch). However I am having these unknown characteres and option sound preferences is not showing under sound slider.

View attachment 412565View attachment 412566
It means "Internal Speakers" in Hebrew. I don't think it's actually coming from AppleALC, maybe something caused by your installation?
(There's no reference I found in the AppleALC CX20722 resources besides 'IntSpeaker')

There's a high chance layout-id 3 isn't completely suitable for your device, and needs to be adapted tho.

It means "Internal Speakers" in Hebrew.
Lol

For now layout 3 is the only one working.

Question: is it mandatory inject properties to my sound device under config.plist/devices/properties? I noted that with properties injected, the are some glitches when mac is booting and without properties nothing of this happend. With and without properties, sound works.

So in other words @ben9923 you suggest me a new clean installation?

Lol

For now layout 3 is the only one working.

Question: is it mandatory inject properties to my sound device under config.plist/devices/properties? I noted that with properties injected, the are some glitches when mac is booting and without properties nothing of this happend. With and without properties, sound works.

So in other words @ben9923 you suggest me a new clean installation?
It's device dependent, I guess. Not sure about that...

If layout-3 doesn't fully work, you may need to modify the resources. You should probably wait for another reply.
You can try a clean install, but it can still be something with AppleALC. Did you install vanilla macOS? Did you modify any system file/kext related to audio?

You can compare with my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3 KB · Views: 145
It's device dependent, I guess. Not sure about that...

If layout-3 doesn't fully work, you may need to modify the resources. You should probably wait for another reply.
You can try a clean install, but it can still be something with AppleALC. Did you install vanilla macOS? Did you modify any system file/kext related to audio?

Vanilla install. I just copy my AppleHDA to have a copy in case something happen with voodooHDA. Few days ago I use voodooHDA_clover whatever something but I did the backup and restart properly. I will do clean installation to see

@Limaho do you successfully install hakintosh in dell 7359?

I could say yes.
What is working:
- Touchscreen
- Trackpad
- Sound
- Brightness
- Keyboard
- Sleep
- Backlight
- Battery status

Not working yet:
- Wake (working on that)