Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 7000 7370
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
I recently completed my first Hackintosh on a NUC6! Big thanks to Rehab Man!! I was considering getting brave and attempting to hackintosh my Dell 7000 (7370) laptop. My plan was to use my same boot flash drive I used with my NUC but with the plist replaced with the Intel HD 620 Graphics plist. After booting with it I got to a screen saying I needed to connect a mouse so I had no mouse or keyboard support. Do I need the voodoo controller in the Clover other folder or will that have to be done post install? Will I need to connect a keyboard and mouse for install? I just dont want to open a giant can of worms if this laptop wont work well. It has the i5-8250u processor and is Kabby-Lake from what I gathered in CPU-Z. I read something about mixed configurations on processors being tricky? I think with it being a 8000 series processor and Kabby-Lake that makes it mixed correct? Thanks for any help!!

look for guides related to i5 8250u and dell laptops. this laptop will work great and 8th gen intel chips are fully supported in MacOs. you'll probably need voodoops2 in your EFI folder of your installer USB to get the trackpad and keyboard to work with basic gestures. you may also want to configure the smbios/config.plist to reflect something like macbook14,1 or 14,2. do a little research you'll be fine. if you reach a dead end, just give a shout

Thanks for the steer! I found someone who had similar hardware and used their plist to get going. I am using the voodoo kext for keyboard and trackpad. Is there anyway to get things like tap to click to work with it? Of course my Wi-Fi doesn’t work :(. I have an Intel card but amazingly enough my Bluetooth works and I’m at least able to use my phone as a hotspot for internet. I need to find a replacement card though. It seems the go to is Broadcom. My Wi-Fi card looks to be an m.2. Any suggestions for that for a laptop? I saw some that would seem to work for a desktop but not a laptop. Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for the steer! I found someone who had similar hardware and used their plist to get going. I am using the voodoo kext for keyboard and trackpad. Is there anyway to get things like tap to click to work with it? Of course my Wi-Fi doesn’t work :(. I have an Intel card but amazingly enough my Bluetooth works and I’m at least able to use my phone as a hotspot for internet. I need to find a replacement card though. It seems the go to is Broadcom. My Wi-Fi card looks to be an m.2. Any suggestions for that for a laptop? I saw some that would seem to work for a desktop but not a laptop. Thanks again for your help!
look into voodooi2c for trackpad gestures etc..

I’ll give that a try today. I think I found a good Wi-Fi card last night. I have my own IT shop and it’s amazing at how many Intel Wi-Fi cards I come across! They seem to dominate the market for laptops. Again I really appreciate the help once I get it all working I’ll try and put together a guide for this laptop since one isn’t available.

look for guides related to i5 8250u and dell laptops. this laptop will work great and 8th gen intel chips are fully supported in MacOs. you'll probably need voodoops2 in your EFI folder of your installer USB to get the trackpad and keyboard to work with basic gestures. you may also want to configure the smbios/config.plist to reflect something like macbook14,1 or 14,2. do a little research you'll be fine. if you reach a dead end, just give a shout
Hey mrgeque can you post your EFI zip for the 7573 that you have.
Thanks

sure. soon as I'm back at my laptop tomorrow. how far have you got?

I have created the usb and added nexts but when I try to install using clover in verbose mode I only get a row of + sign. This is my first hackintosh install

I had BIOS setup correct it was just confusion as to SMBIOS and which Kexts to have on USB installer. I managed to get it into OS swap efi folders. Everything seems to be working but touchscreen, graphics acceleration, camera, microphone. I saw you got the touchscreen working but I’m still reading and trying to figure out graphics acceleration first as I’m only getting 7mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back