Contribute
Register

Dell G5 5587

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind... got it up and running great, minus the Nvidia 1060.

Hello! Can anybody share the instructions to achieve correctly working vram and framebuffer of 4K version G5 5587? The amount of available video memory now is 32Mb :( Thank you in advance!

Hello! Can anybody share the instructions to achieve correctly working vram and framebuffer of 4K version G5 5587? The amount of available video memory now is 32Mb :( Thank you in advance!

I have the 1080 version, but the nvidia 6gb 1060 does not work with catalina. I do have the Intel UHD 630 (with 1080 display) working showing 1536 mb. Attached is my efi folder. I am running a dual boot windows 10 and Mac Os Catalina on the same nvme ssd. So the windows 10 uefi boot file may not be needed or ignored. I am far from an expert at getting my 2 G5 5587's working, however, I did manage to get almost everything working great minus the nvidia GTX 1060, no hdmi out, just internal display and the usb C only works in mac os IF you boot up Mac OS with the usb C drive plugged in first. If anyone sees anything that could be improved on my EFI, please share, I am always willing to learn. I suspect I have some unnecessary kexts in there, I weeded out kexts I was sure I did not need.

EDIT: 01/20/2020, I updated clover and all Kexts to the latest version at this time, Everything functions minus the Nvidia 1060. (New EFI Below)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    50 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Hi, Any other alternative for the WiFi card other than DW1830 for Mojave ? Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I never got the hdmi to work, however, I got this to work for hdmi, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRE92OO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Its a usb-c to hdmi adapter and it works, you just have to wait until after clover loads the boot options then plug it in or clover freezes on loading boot options.

as for wifi, I have 2 g5 5587's that I hackintoshed to 10.15.2 and I am using the DW1830's on both, had to use a dremel to widen the slot area on the bottom case cover and add extra antenna on both. I tried the 1820a's but there is so much drama with them if you do not get the right model code. I found the 1830's on aliexpress for about 35 dollars each... people are insane on ebay and amazon, they want about 200 dollars lol. It does take forever to get them from china, but a lot cheaper so worth it.

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing your experience, I almost purchase 1820a considering it has more affordable price, you saved me from false hope and long wait from China :D

I never got the hdmi to work, however, I got this to work for hdmi, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRE92OO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Its a usb-c to hdmi adapter and it works, you just have to wait until after clover loads the boot options then plug it in or clover freezes on loading boot options.

as for wifi, I have 2 g5 5587's that I hackintoshed to 10.15.2 and I am using the DW1830's on both, had to use a dremel to widen the slot area on the bottom case cover and add extra antenna on both. I tried the 1820a's but there is so much drama with them if you do not get the right model code. I found the 1830's on aliexpress for about 35 dollars each... people are insane on ebay and amazon, they want about 200 dollars lol. It does take forever to get them from china, but a lot cheaper so worth it.

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing your experience, I almost purchase 1820a considering it has more affordable price, you saved me from false hope and long wait from China :D

Glad I could be the helper for once and not the helpee lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back