Contribute
Register

Dell G3 3579 Audio and Black screen on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go. Here I've changed to layout-id 13.

I'm thinking of just switching to VoodooHDA even if it's unreliable. There seems to be no solution for AppleHDA no matter what I try. Is there a guide for that?
Hey bro, I also have the same audio problem in my Dell G3 3579 as yours, but when I check your config.plist, I find something might helpful to solve this problem. I find your device-id is "<70a10000>", I think it should be "70a10000", for more details see the attached pictures. After I correct this, the audio works normally in my machine, hope this can help you!

Attachments

• mine.png
    mine.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 139
  • yours.png
    yours.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 111
Hey bro, I also have the same audio problem in my Dell G3 3579 as yours, but when I check your config.plist, I find something might helpful to solve this problem. I find your device-id is "<70a10000>", I think it should be "70a10000", for more details see the attached pictures. After I correct this, the audio works normally in my machine, hope this can help you!

Keep in mind different representations for "data" in PlistEdit Pro vs. Xcode.
Xcode data shown as: <hex_bytes>.
PlistEdit Pro data shown as: hex_bytes

Either way, data type should be "data", and value 70a10000.

You saved me man! Audio works now. This is how the community survives. Unfortunately our laptop still has the black screen until 3 minutes on boot bug unresolved it seems. It's a new model so only time will say I suppose.

I just set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=YES, rebuilt caches just in case and rebooted. Still no audio. I've attached updated IOReg.
Hello MacGuy12
I have the same dell G3 with the same problem
please if you have find the solution for WIFI - AUDIO - and Graphic card please help me
or send your config.plist file
thx

hello
please I have the same laptop with same problem
share your clover efi files with me
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back