Graphics
NVIDIA NVS 4200M 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was successfully able to use Unibeast and Multibeast to get Yosemite installed on my Dell E6420. I replaced my wifi with an Atheros card. I have also installed an SSD. Most things are working quite well. I am having trouble with three main items. My trackpad, sleep/hibernate and battery status. I have scoured the boards trying to figure out the trackpad issue. I am not sure whether my trackpad is ALPs or Synaptics. Either way, it is not being detected, according to the system log. I have also been beating my head against the wall on the sleep/hibernate issue. I have made adjustments to hibernate modes etc, to no avail. What I have observed is that the fans never shut down. If I wake it right after the display shuts down, it works. After a few minutes, it will not recover and must be rebooted. The battery issue is very minor. I can live with it, but I am open to suggestions. Any help would be appreciated! THANK YOU!

Attachments

• system copy.log.zip
    419.1 KB · Views: 146
I was successfully able to use Unibeast and Multibeast to get Yosemite installed on my Dell E6420. I replaced my wifi with an Atheros card. I have also installed an SSD. Most things are working quite well. I am having trouble with three main items. My trackpad, sleep/hibernate and battery status. I have scoured the boards trying to figure out the trackpad issue. I am not sure whether my trackpad is ALPs or Synaptics. Either way, it is not being detected, according to the system log. I have also been beating my head against the wall on the sleep/hibernate issue. I have made adjustments to hibernate modes etc, to no avail. What I have observed is that the fans never shut down. If I wake it right after the display shuts down, it works. After a few minutes, it will not recover and must be rebooted. The battery issue is very minor. I can live with it, but I am open to suggestions. Any help would be appreciated! THANK YOU!

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

What is the manufacturer of your trackpad?

Did you implement power management and patch DSDT/SSDTs?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Rehab,

Thanks for the response!
I am not sure how to figure out who the manufacturer is. Is there a tool to probe for it?

Can I use the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.9 on Yosemite? That is all I see in the new MultiBeast.

Rehab,

Thanks for the response!
I am not sure how to figure out who the manufacturer is. Is there a tool to probe for it?

Check in Windows device manager.

Can I use the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.9 on Yosemite? That is all I see in the new MultiBeast.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back