Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3668 Chipset: Intel H110 Express
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone.. trying to get some help here.

Usually when something brakes on the hackingtosh i am able to identify whats broken by the kernel panic error. This time around i Cant really see whats going on.
I finally got around to updating my e6420 running Sierra to the 005 security update. But then the machine will just give me +++++++ and not even start the boot up process.

After doing some digging i figured I needed to add AptioMemoryFix-64.efi to my efi clover folder. I did this by mounting my efi through terminal using my install USB.

Now the boot up process starts but it halts somewhere along the process.

I am attaching a picture of the screen before the machine shutsdown and see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

--- Clover version 4114 ----

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 87
Hello everyone.. trying to get some help here.

Usually when something brakes on the hackingtosh i am able to identify whats broken by the kernel panic error. This time around i Cant really see whats going on.
I finally got around to updating my e6420 running Sierra to the 005 security update. But then the machine will just give me +++++++ and not even start the boot up process.

After doing some digging i figured I needed to add AptioMemoryFix-64.efi to my efi clover folder. I did this by mounting my efi through terminal using my install USB.

Now the boot up process starts but it halts somewhere along the process.

I am attaching a picture of the screen before the machine shutsdown and see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

--- Clover version 4114 ----
your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is very old, make sure all your kexts are up to date

hello everyone,

I was able to solve this issue, so ill just write up here in case anyone is looking for a similar solution.

first i restore a previous backup.
then after i was able to boot back in to MacOS I updated clover.
Then I looked at my efi/clover/drivers64 folder and my /kext/other folder and made a list of the items in there.

I looked for all updated versions and replaced accordingly.

I rebooted machine and everything worked.

so then i applied 005 update and this time it went well.
System up and running..

Thanks again for response @Feartech .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back