Contribute
Register

Dell E6410 High Sierra Audio, SD Reader, Keyboard & Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm confusing myself a little here I think; do I need an SSDT?? There is a note near the bottom mentioning that older CPUs, such as my 1st Gen. Arrandale, need to drop OEM SSDT tables and such in clover, but I'm unclear as to whether I still need to follow the guide to make an SSDT.
Also turns out that updating to 10.13.4 the other day turned "pmset hibernatemode" back to 3.

Yeah, I'm confusing myself a little here I think; do I need an SSDT?? There is a note near the bottom mentioning that older CPUs, such as my 1st Gen. Arrandale, need to drop OEM SSDT tables and such in clover, but I'm unclear as to whether I still need to follow the guide to make an SSDT.

Your hardware:
Best to not drop OEM CPU SSDTs.
No add-on SSDT (eg. no ssdtPRgen.sh support).
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false.

Also turns out that updating to 10.13.4 the other day turned "pmset hibernatemode" back to 3.

It is typical.

Not dropping OEM SSDTs anymore and generate=false. Also removed a DMAR table I was dropping.
Still getting the same when trying to sleep, peripherals power off but power light stays solid blue and CPU fan keeps going. Have to hard shutdown to get out of it.

Posted new clover config, will upload rest of files tomorrow if needed.

Thanks again

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2 KB · Views: 166
Not dropping OEM SSDTs anymore and generate=false. Also removed a DMAR table I was dropping.
Still getting the same when trying to sleep, peripherals power off but power light stays solid blue and CPU fan keeps going. Have to hard shutdown to get out of it.

Posted new clover config, will upload rest of files tomorrow if needed.

Thanks again

Would need full PR files.

Figured as much, attached below

Problems/comments:
- FakeSMC.kext seems old.
- IntelMausiEthernet.kext preferred over AppleIntelE1000e.kext
(See my Clover guide for links)
- why do you have patches in config.plist for AppleHDA when you're using VoodooHDA?
- AppleLPC is not loading (will require research to determine the correct device-id to spoof)
- ACPI not patched according to guide
- USB not configured correctly

Something else interesting I discovered is my DVD drive is listed in system information as "Unknown", the drive is still working though (ie: can boot Windows 7 DVD)

Edit: RESOLVED I swapped out my TSST DVD drive with a MATSHITA one from an E6500 and it works in HS now

Last edited:
Messed around with DSDT to fix USB and ACPI, AppleLPC is now loaded, sleep yields same result though.

Edit: Shutdown also doesn't power off the system now

Attachments

• debug_24250.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
@qwsxdcghj - did you ever get sleep working? I have the same sleep behavior with my E6410. Looks to be a common problem. The thread for my E6410 sleep issue is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-latitude-e6410-wont-sleep.278805/

EDIT: The problem is the _PTS (and _WAK) in the E6410 DSDT. Needs to be patched to turn the discrete graphics _OFF in _PTS and turn the discrete graphics _ON in _WAK. I'm still looking for a solution that does this.

Last edited:
@qwsxdcghj and others who land here looking for a working solution for their Latitude E6410 / E6510: Google "Latitude E6410 Mojave" - I posted my solution there as user tonyx86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back