5. Plus
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
  8. Quadra
  9. Workgroup Server
  10. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a successful install a couple of times today on a Dell Latitude E6400 with nvidia video.

What is working:

* Booting from optical drive's iBoot disk in safe mode

It never shows a bootloader if I let it attempt to boot from the HD. I have told MultiBeast to install Chamelon a few times now, and it doesn't seem to take.

If I boot off my iBoot CD into my Snow Leopard install, it will give me a grey Apple screen and a wheel and then at some point it will all appear to be frozen. At this point, if I blind type "Command-Space Terminal" to get Spotlight to launch terminal, then 'sudo reboot' and my password, it will reboot, but it just never successfully initializes the window server maybe? The grey screen and the Apple stay the entire time until it reboots.

I have tried various options in the Multibeast 2.6 but I still can't get a boot loader to install or my video to work right. What do?

What are the other specs of your laptop and are you using the latest version of iBoot?

Bryan said:
What are the other specs of your laptop and are you using the latest version of iBoot?

It's an nvidia 160m video card, 4GB of RAM, and it has a Core 2 Duo processor.

I installed Chamelon to the disk manually because the MultiBeast installer wasn't doing it. Yes, using an iBoot that I downloaded two days ago and recorded to disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back